Carl Grimes: You and Me

You stood on the porch looking out at Alexandria. It had been about two months since you had been found by Carl in the woods and you thought a place like this would make you forget about the whole nasty apocalypse. It did, sometimes you forgot what the world was like, and sometimes you could pretend to be happy here, to live a normal life.

Then a walker would come stumbling past the gate while you are on duty or you would catch the families that have been here since the start running around playing, the adults laughing as they watch their children kick around a ball. They would never know what it's like to watch their children torn apart in front of their eyes and the children would never have to mercy their parents as they are devoured by the undead.

They would never have to go through the pain and sacrifice that you did outside the wall, they still had each other and that's all that mattered.

You sighed as you thought about how alone you were in this world, the people here had been friendly but they all had their own circles and they went home to their own families at the end of the day.

The porch creaked next to you and you spun around to see Carl standing there an apologetic smile on his face.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you I didn't know you were out here" he replied going to back away.

"No it's ok stay" you replied with a small smile.

"Ok" he said with a big smile as he walked over and lent on the porch fence next to you. "So what are you doing out here then?"

"Just thinking" you replied looking down at the ground.

"Oh thinking... about what?" he said turning his head towards you.

"Just about the world and the way it is, and how we have to be now" you replied.

"What do you mean how we have to be now?"

"We have to be able to survive, these people here have never had to survive, have never seen someone they love die in front of them. They have always had someone there for them to hold them when they are scared, to fight alongside them when they need it. Someone to watch their back and someone to love them, to keep them going through the good or bad. But people me don't have anyone left, no one to care whether I live or die" you put your head in your hands.

"I would" said Carl.

"What?" you said looking up at him confused

"I would care if you died, I would care a lot" he continued.

"Thanks Carl but you have your family" you said turning back towards Alexandria.

"Yeah, and you are now part of that family, I will watch your back. Fight alongside you, help you through the good and the bad. And I will hold you when you are scared or feeling alone" he finished you turned back to him and looked into his beautiful blue eyes.

To be perfectly honest you were shocked, you thought Carl saw you as nothing more than another mouth to feed or someone else to babysit. He had never been horrible to you but he sure as hell hadn't made any attempt to talk to you other than a smile hello if he passed you in the street. After that he would scurry away as if you were carrying the plague or something.

"Carl I don't under-" you didn't have time to finish your sentence as he pulled you close and slammed his lips into yours. Your hands tangled in his hair as his arms wrapped around your waist pulling you against him. Your heart flooded with emotion. Sure he was hot, pretty damn hot but you hadn't given him that much thought but now your feelings for him burned like a wild fire as the kiss deepened.

Your lungs screamed for oxygen and the two of you were forced to pull away.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to do that for" he said his eyes filled with lust as he didn't release you from his grip.

"Carl, I didn't know..." you trailed off memorised by his eyes.

"you do now" he smirked.

"Yeah I do" you replied pulling his face towards yours going in for another kiss.