Carl Grimes: A little Time to Ourselves

You sighed as you waited for Carl at the gate of Alexandria, he said he would go on patrol with you and that he would meet you at the gate at 9:30am but it was almost 9:45. You sighed checking your watch again, as you tapped your foot lightly against the pavement.

Finally you saw Carl jogging down the road towards you; he got to where you were standing and bent over resting his hands on his knees taking in hugs gulps of air.

"Sorry I'm late Cassie, Judith puked and I had to help Michonne clear it up before I could leave" he said straightening up and resting one of his hands on the hilt of his gun.

"It's ok" you replied with a laugh at how disgusted Carl looked at the job he just had to carry out. "Your fine killing all these walkers and being covered in their guts. But big strong Carl grimes can't handle some baby puke?" you laughed as you poked him in the side.

"Yeah but walkers look scary and you know they are going to be gross but babies are so cute and innocent and the blugh" he said with a grim expression.

You laughed and he struggled to keep a serious expression before bursting out laughing too.

"Ok, ok, we really should be going now if we want to cover some ground before we have to turn around and come back again." You laughed as you helped him pull open the gate.

You both raised your gun as soon as it was open but there weren't any free roaming walkers on the other side, just one that has impaled itself on one of the spikes sticking out of the cars that, Rick and the others had put there to serve as a line of defence against the undead. You smiled as you stepped out of the safety of Alexandria, sure you loved it there but there was nothing like the adrenaline rush of being on the outside.

An hour later the two of you were walking down a highway; you thought back to the start of the apocalypse and wondered how busy this road would have been back when the dead stayed dead.

"Hey there's a place I found up here in the forest that I think you might like" said Carl knocking you out of your thoughts as you turned to him.

"What sort of place?" you asked raising you eyebrow at him.

"A place where we can be safe and alone" he said with a small smirk before scanning the treeline each side of the road.

"Carl!" you said pushing him and laughing.

"Well we have been dating for weeks now but haven't had any time alone so I thought that this would be the perfect place for us to catch up on some of that lost time." He said with a wink before walking off the road and disappearing into the treeline.

"Carl!" whisper yelled as you also dove into the forest after him.

You scanned the trees around trying to see which direction he went but you couldn't see him anywhere. You began to grow worried as you spun around scanning the trees.

"Boo" said Carl jumping out from a nearby tree scaring the living daylights out of you.

"Omfg Carl I almost shot you!?!" you yelled forgetting to be quiet as you lowered your gun and punched him in the arm.

Pain ripped through your knuckles and you stifled and ow and glared at him. He stood there with a smirk on his face, seeming to find the whole event incredibly entertaining.

"Aww did I hurt you Princess?" he laughed and you went to whack him again but remembered what had happened just a few moments ago so, settled for giving him the finger.

"Oh god I hate you sometimes!" you said glaring at him and making your way further into the forest.

"No you don't" you could hear the smirk on his lips as he let out a little laugh. "It's this way princess"