Carl Grimes: Always Here For You

This is a requested imagine for: emmabroomfield

Author Note

WARNING THIS IMAGINE CONTAINS CUTTING READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

I hope you enjoy this imagine, and please vote and comment if you like it. Thank You Xxx

Date: 20/2/2016

"I can do it Emma I can! I will do everything that you tell me too. Please, please, please let me come with you and Carl!" sad your ten year old sister Noel bouncing up and down.

"I'm not sure it might be dangerous" you said unsure about letter her come on a run with you and Carl to a nearby town. "Fine!" you said giving in and taking her hand, "let's go."

"Yes, yes, yes ,yes ,yes!!" she said bouncing up and down while swinging your hand.

"There are some rules for you to follow: it's ok to be scared your fear will keep you alive, you always listen to me and Carl, don't make a noise if you need to tell us something important then whisper, finally if anything happens to me or Carl you run ok you run, you run all the way home ok, you stop for nothing. Do you understand?"

She nods before smiling as the three of you walk out of the gate, it closes behind you.

Thirty minutes later the three of you had come to the small town that Rick had said to scout.

"Well the where shall we start?" said Carl looking at the shops that lined the main street.

"How about the gun store?" you suggested looking at the shop that had smashed in windows, and the door lying in the middle of the street metres from where it should have been.

"I don't think there's going to be all that much left but we won't know unless we look" he replied as the three of you made your way towards the store.

"Noel you are going to wait out here ok, if you see anything scream ok and Carl and I will come running out ok" you say letting go of her hand and giving her a hug.

She nodded.

As you and Carl entered the store you could see that every shelf had been picked clean, there was virtually nothing left apart form a few stray bullets littering the floor.

"Well it looks like whoever went through here picked everything clean" said Carl lowering his gun and turning to you.

"Yeah we should-"you were cut off by the sound of your sister screaming, seconds later she came running into the shop. "Noel I told you to stay outside!" you said to her.

"There are lots of the monsters a big group of them came walking down the road!" she said tears in her eyes.

You gave her a hug holding her close.

"I don't mean to interrupt but that scream has probably just brought the lot of them straight in our directing" said Carl and as if on que a few walkers began to stumble in the store through the broken windows. "We got to move!" said Carl grabbing your hand and running towards the back exit.

The three of you ran out into the alleyway behind the store to find that there were already walkers beginning to move their way up the ally towards you. The only other way out of the ally was a ladder leading up the side of a building.

"Come on!" you yelled rushing towards the wall as Carl went up the ladder and stood on the fire escape. "Now you go up Noel" you said to your little sister.

"I'm scared" she said looking at the rusted ladder and then back at the walkers.

"look it's safe I'll go up and you follow right behind me ok, I'll make sure that it's safe for you" you said walking up the ladder, you glanced down to see your sister following close behind you.

You jumped onto the fire escape, turned around and knelt down reaching your hand out to your little sister. She had stopped so near the top of the ladder.

"Noel, come on baby you can do this!" you said looking down at her and then at the walkers. "Come on just a few more steps!"

"I'm scared" she said tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I know, I know it's just a few more steps, come on you can do it!"

You looked at the walkers who were now at the bottom of the ladder reaching up at your baby sister's feet. They began to pull her downwards her hands slipping on the metal ladder, reaching for his hand you tried to pull her up but the walkers were getting a better grip on her shoes. Your palm was beginning to sweat, she was screaming for you to help her yelling your name over and over again then she fell...

You don't know how you got back to Alexandria or how you found yourself in your room, you felt like you didn't know anything any more. You just felt empty, and then came the pain, the crying till your head hurt then the emptiness returned. You can't remember picking up the blade but you could feel it slide across your skin, before red drops began to form on the surface of the skin before they formed larger droplets splashing onto the floor creating tiny pools or red.

You heard the door open but you didn't raise your head, not until you felt Carl shaking at you and yelling at you.

"EMMA! EMMA! TALK TO ME! WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE?" His hands found their way to you face lifting it making you look into his deep blue eyes.

"I told her that her fear would keep her alive" you whispered softly before passing out.

You woke up in Alexandria's hospital, turning your head to the side you saw Carl sitting beside you who looked down at you his expression angry.

"Why the hell would you do something like that to yourself?!" he yelled at you.

Tears begin to fall down your face, noticing that his expression began to soften.

"I'm sorry he said" as you stood up "come here he said pulling you into a massive hug. "it's ok now, everything is going to be ok now..."

***

***

Authors Note

I'm sorry that this imagine is sad again but it gets happier at the end and if your still a little sad then watch this video of Chandler Riggs...

Date: 20/2/2016