Carl Grimes: Sanctuary

You've been on your own for quite a while now and you were used to it, your parents had passed away when the whole thing started. You had found a few groups since then but none of them were very effective and many of them fell or turned bad.

So you were alone now and more than used to always having to look over your shoulder being sleep deprived because you were too scared to sleep some nights but that is how the world is now. As you were scouting around a few of the houses for something to eat you hear gunshots and yelling. Someone needed help.

You threw the things you had found into you backpack and slung it on your back. You ran to the back door of the house, the opposite direction of the screams ready to make a run for it when you sighed. The screams became more intense, more fearful. You clenched your jaw before sighing in defeat and running to the front door of the house, out into the street and in the direction of the people in need.

You followed the shouts and screams until you found the street the people were down, just up ahead about 100 metres there was a large heard of walkers trying to squeeze themselves down the alleyway. Without thinking you shot of a few rounds and the walkers began to turn towards you, after shooting a few more a large amount of them had now broken away from the alleyway and were now heading towards you. After waiting a few seconds before they were just feet in front of you, you began a small jog away from whatever had attracted them in the first place. You knew exactly where to take them for there was dead squirrels you had hung in large warehouses the day earlier, just in case you came across a heard of walkers that needed to be distracted. You ran towards the place and straight to where you had hung a bell you pulled the string and then ran like hell out of sight of the monsters. After making sure that they had all headed to the warehouse you decided to loop back around to the alleyway and see whether the people had made it out. When you got there you came across a scene of walkers everywhere some with bullet wounds in their heads and many more with quick strikes to the head from a knife of some sort.

"Bloody hell" you said aloud as you crouched down to observe the damage to a nearby walker.

You were about to stand when you felt the barrel of a gun being pressed against you head.

"Stand up slowly and turn to face me" you heard a gruff voice say.

The gun was taken from the back of your head and you began to stand slowly when you were fully in the air you raised your hands and began to turn towards the man. Once you were facing him you stood in awe as you noticed a boy behind him who had his hand resting on the gun at his waist.

"Were you the one that fired those shots?" asked the man.

"Yes I fired the shots and saved your ungrateful ass" you replied, irritated.

"Why did you do it?" Asked the boy dtepping closer to you a frown across his brow as his eyes searched you.

"Yeah, why did you help us" repeated the man, his voice laced with curiosity.

"Why, did you want to die?" you asked, frowning  at him with your jaw clenched. "This is a gunny way to repay me" you finished glancing at the gun.

"People aren't like they used to be we don't help each other anymore" he said his eyes searching you before he scanned the roofs above you. Perhaps trying to determine if this was a trap.

"Yes I know I've don't this enough times to have worked that out" you said, trying to seem unconcerned with your current situation.

"Then why do you do it?" He said his eyes focusing back on you, narrowing slightly.

"Because if I had left you down that alleyway to die then that would have been on me, I would have had to carry that with me every day knowing that I could have saved you and I didn't"

"What if the person that you save shoots you?" asked the boy stepping forward next to the man.

"Then they would have to carry that with them for as long as they live, they would have to carry the knowledge that they killed the person that saved their life" you replied looking at the boy.

"Ok now I'm going to ask you just three more questions" said the man.

"Just three until what you shoot me?"

"No" said the boy "Three questions and then you might be able to come with us, to somewhere safe. Well if you answer correctly"

"How many walkers have you killed?" asked the man.

"I haven't kept count but a fair few" you answered a little confused.

"How many people have you killed?"

"One" you answered.

"Why?"

"My sister she got bit and didn't want to turn so she asked me to" you replied trying to stop tears from forming in your eyes.

"Ok you passed you can come with us if you want but if you decide not to then that's fine too" said the man relaxing a little and lowering his gun.

"I think that I want to go with you" you said.

"Ok hand your gun and any other weapons to Carl so we know you won't hurt anyone."

You looked at the boy who had outstretched his arm and reluctantly you placed your gun and knife in his hand.

About an hour later you were lead into a house that was clearly serving as a small hospital. The boy carl had lead you here after the man who you now know is called Rick and the father of Carl had gone off to tell others of your arrival. Carl sat you down on the hospital bed before going to get presumably a nurse. You looked around at the room it had well stocked medical supplies and it looked as though this Alexandria is pretty secure and well thought out more so than any other place that you had been at, even in the military camps right at the beginning. Your train of thought was interrupted by a woman walking through a door followed by Carl who was still wearing the hat you had first seen him in.

"Ok Rick had requested a full check over to make sure you aren't carrying anything nasty and you are in god health" said the woman.

You watched her walk across the room and pick up a stethoscope.

"Ok if you want to lift your shirt, I'm going to listen to your heart"

Carl went red and turned around.

After about five minutes of being poked and prodded the woman was finally satisfied that you weren't infectious.

"Okay you're free to go"

You stood up and your head went light and you began to sway a little.

"Yes I thought that was the case, Carl you need to go and get her something decent to eat"

"Ok" he said with a smile as he took your arm "let's go and see what we can find"

You could help but smile back as he led you out of the hospital and down the street.

***

Authors Note

These arent the dates the imagines were posted but the last time they were updated just in case you were wondering, it will help me keep track of things :)

Date: 01/1/2016