Carl Grimes: Close Call

You and Carl were creeping around the woods of Alexandria when you both came across a massive pile up of cars on one of the roads (like the ones where Carol lost her daughter :( ).

"Hey look!" said Carl scrambling down and the up the ditch that separated the road form the tree line.

"Carl!" you yelled, scrambling after him.

"What?" he asked helping you out of the ditch as you stood a little stunned at the sheer amount of cars that were on the road.

"I don't think that this is a good idea, we don't have any clue what the hell is going on in there, or what's in there." You said hanging back a little bit.

"We can handle it, it's not like we haven't ever done something like the before" you replied following him into the mass of cars.

"Nothing is going to happen, don't be stupid anyway there might be something that we could use here" he said beginning to look into the dusted windows of the cars.

You had gotten about three cars into the pile up when Carl looked into one of the window and a walker bashed against the window scaring you both half to death. Carl turned to you and began laughing.

"What's so funny?" you said crossing your arms and glaring at him.

"Your facial expression was priceless" he said calming down a little bit.

"Carl come on let's get out of here I have a bad feeling about this place" you say looking around as an eerie atmosphere seemed to swirl around you like mist.

"Just stop and start looking for anything that we could find useful." He said shaking his head and then walking deeper into the graveyard of cars.

Sighing, you began looking in the cars, as you expected they were pretty useless. The whole pile up had probably happened sometime near the start by the looks of the flat tyres and the dust covering almost every car. You were too engrossed with looking through the cars that you hadn't seen a large number of walkers begin pouring out of the woodland around you. suddenly something grabbed your arm, you were about to turn around to Carl and scream at him for scaring the hell out of you when you realised it wasn't Carl but it was a walker, just centimetres from chomping it's jaw down on your arm. You heard the crunch of bone, but as you looked down at your hand, seconds later the walker released your arm and crumpled to the ground. You looked up to see Carl standing in front of you a knife in his hand.

"Come on" he whispered grabbing your hand as he ran towards a lorry that had collided with a car but was still standing.
He opened the back of the lorry and ushered you inside, before jumping in himself and sliding the door back down.

The pair of you sat there in the dark as the sounds of the walkers grew nearer and nearer, it was only when the first of the walkers began to bash into the truck as the heard moved around it that you noticed that you were still holding Carl's hand.

"Thank you" you whispered squeezing his hand.

"Your welcome" he replied with a smirk, as the bashing of walkers on the outside of the truck grew louder.

"How many do you think there are?" you asked.

"I'm not sure but lots far more than I've ever seen" he said.

"They're heading towards..." a lump caught in your throat as you realised the destination of the walkers.

"Home" Carl whispered softly, wrapping an arm around you and pulling you close.

"Oh god" you said tears now running down your face.

"Hey it's ok" he said puling you closer.

You looked up at him as the small amount of light that was seeping through the cracks at the front of the truck where it had crashed, illuminated the brilliant blue of his eyes. At that moment you knew that everything was going to be ok as the both of you leaned in. your lips connected with his and it felt like you could face all the horrors on the planet, as long as he was right there with you. His arms snaked around your waist pulling you onto his lap as the kiss intensified. Your hands found their way into his hair. When he pulled away you could see him smirk as he kissed the top of your head.

"What?" you asked smiling and dropping your arms to his shoulders.

"It's just, I've wanted to do that for a long time now" he whispered a small smile creeping onto his lips again.

You smiled back as the pair of you lent in for round two...

Authors note

Yeah I've been a while but I have mock exams from the Friday just gone until the Friday coming up so I'm focusing on revising for them right now. I'm sorry but updates will be a little slower. Hope you guys enjoyed this one, if so don't forget to vote and comment :) Xxx

Its getting harder and harder to find gifs with his eye still there XD

Date: 28/2/2016