Carl Grimes: Just the Two of us

"So" said Rick "you know the plan and if you get into any trouble then you hide and wait until it's safe to move. You do not under any circumstances put yourself in any sort of danger whatsoever, you may think what you are trying to get is incredibly important but no can of beans is worth your life. Do you understand?" he asked the group who he had paired up ready to go and look for supplies in the small town that you had come across. You were paired with Carl which you were happy about because you were great friends and you knew he always had you back and that you always had his.

Five hours later you had picked the street you had been assigned to clean and you were now heading to the last house on the block as darkness was drawing near. You and Carl were laughing and joking around as you were feeling happy about the things that you had collected. Then came the Growls, you both stopped laughing and turned towards the left where a heard of about 15 walkers were beginning to move into the street you were standing into clearly drawn to the two of you fooling around. You both looked at each other and then Carl grabbed your hand and you began running though streets and past houses until he shoved you through the door of one of them. You both took a breather for a few minutes. You were about to say something about your escape when Carl rushed forward and covered you mouth with his hand just as the heard of walkers you had escaped from stumbled past making unearthly noises in the process. Once they were gone you both turned around to look at the house you had hidden in.

You crept through the house straining you ears for any sort of noise at all that would signify a walker was inside, as you turned a corner you collided with something soft.

"God you scared the hell out of me" Carl said as he looked over to you lying on the floor.

"Same here maybe we should stick together next time we do this in case I accidently shoot your pretty little head off" you replied getting to your feet and walking over to Carl who was smiling like an idiot. "What are you so happy about?"

"You think I have a pretty head?" he said getting to his feet and stepping close to you.

"Oh ha-ha lets find a place to sleep its getting dark and we won't get back to base before nightfall." You said pushing past him and making for the stairs.

You heard and him chuckle before he followed behind you. Searching the rooms you realised that the family that had lived here hadn't survived instead they had decided to take themselves out meaning their half decomposed bodies had spoiled all the beds they were lying on. Shutting the door quietly as though the people inside was quietly sleeping. You turned to try the next room and as you entered a lump formed in your throat as you looked at the twin pink beds in the pink bedroom. You inhaled sharply as your mind wandered back to your own two sisters that hadn't made it. You couldn't hold back the tears that slid down you r face as you turned to leave the room shutting the door behind you and leaning against it before turning to Carl who was standing at the end of the corridor.

"We could try the attic, it's out of the way, up a narrow flight of stairs that is easily defendable if anything bad happens and it has a window we could hook up a rope for quick escape." He said leaning against the wall just next to the stairs. Then he noticed your face. "Hey what's the..."

"Leave it...it's nothing" you said walking past him and up the stairs.

"It's obviously not anything if it's made you cry" he said rushing up the stairs after you

You turned to face him.

It just downstairs there's that family and, well it's just so sad that they decided to end it all they could have had a chance and then there's the two little girls lying down there in their rooms well they reminded me of my little sisters-"

You were cut off by Carl pulling you into a hug you were a little shocked because even though you were both great friends you had never really hugged before. You tucked your head into the crook of his neck as his arms wrapped around your waist.

"It's ok" he whispered "they're in a better place now"

"Yeah I suppose" you said as you both pulled away "it's just they looked so much like my two sisters" you sighed walking to the top of the attic stairs and closing the door. "So what's the plan stay here for the night and then head out for the morning"

You straightened up and walked over to the window and had a look down. The window was a nice size big enough to get out of if you accidentally attracted any walkers to the house or you were blocked in by a heard.

"I found a rope and have attached it to the beam above your head so all there's left to do now is find somewhere to sleep" you turned around to see him smiling at you again.

"Why are you so happy?! We are split off from our group hiding out in an attic with the walkers prowling the streets along with corpses lying in the beds in the room below. What the hell do you have to smile about?!!" you whisper yelled at him.

"Well I guess you're kind of right we are basically trapped in a house with dead people inside and living dead people walking around outside but your wrong about the nothing to smile about part. I could be stuck in here alone but I'm with you... and you are the one thing left in this entire world that can make me grin like an idiot. Y/n I..." he stopped shook his head and stepped towards you, your heart beating faster by the second. Then he kissed you and it blew your mind because it was magical. He pulled away and cupped your face in his hands "Y/n I love you" you replied with another kiss and you knew it was going to be a night to remember...

***

Authors Note

So what do you guys think of the new book cover? I spent more time making this one and I like it quite a lot :) anyway don't forget to like and comment what you think because I'm not too sure about this one.

Date: 26/12/2015