(Part 28): "Two Bullets"

I swallowed hard. I was blinking back my tears of joy, or sadness.

"It's Mr. McCain's baby." The doctor looked at me, struggling.

I broke out with tears of joy. I got up quickly and hugged Rosen tightly. He didn't hug me back; he had a straight face for his expression.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm still angry with you. Get off."

I backed away from him, "Rosen I can explain..." My voice trailed off.

"Then explain." His eyes fueled with anger.

"Jordan was drunk and he raped me in the woods when you told me to go for a walk the day Alan was over."

He turned around and held Jordan up against the wall by his neck, "Is this true?"

Jordan had fear in his eyes, "R-Rosen, m-m-man." He stuttered; gasping for breath.

"Is it!?"

He nodded his head; putting his hands on Rosen's, hoping he would let go.

"Son, let go." Mason demanded.

Rosen kept gripping his neck tighter. Alan and Mason pulled him away from Jordan. Jordan pulled out a gun and shot at Mason's stomach.

"Mason!?" I screamed.

He fell to the floor. Jordan pulled me against him and held the gun to my stomach. I yelped, crying out; hoping he won't hurt me.

"Lissi!" Rosen shrieked.

"Take one step closer, her and baby get shot." Jordan threatened with tears running down his eyes.

"It doesn't need to be like this, Jordan." Blaire cried.

The doctor backed away, inching near the phone. Blaire got on her knees and cried; begging Jordan to let me go.

"It's my child now." He said.

Kyle lifted Mason onto his back, telling him to hold in there. I looked at Rosen, who was frustrated and angry. Jordan raised the gun at him, and shot Rosen in the stomach as well. I struggled to move out of Jordan's arms, crying out.

"Rosen!" I screamed.

I felt blood on the back of my neck and Jordan had let go of me.

"You little-!"

Julia took her knife out of Jordan's neck; taking my hand and running out of the room with me, as the rest followed with Alex carrying Rosen. Kyle put Mason in the back seat, and quickly go into the driver's seat; making our way to the hospital.

I held Rosen's hand tightly; it was getting cold.

"Rosen please stay with me." I cried, putting my head on his chest.

He groaned slightly, opening his eyes one last time; looking at me. I looked back at him but his eyes were already shut. We pulled up the parking lot where stretchers had already been waiting for us. The paramedics loaded Mason and Rosen on the movable beds and took them away.

"It's ok, Lissi." Blaire hugged me; whispering to me.

We waited for a few hours, and I sat beside his bed after the surgery. Every once in awhile I would go and check on Mason who was already awake and healthy.

"Do you think he'll be ok?" I asked Mason.

"I'd hope so. Even though he isn't my kid, he's the kid I raised. He's just a little messed up. He was already suppose to be dead at twenty." He sighs.