Girl Meets Blame

Chapter 4

Logan's pov

"Girls this is a first, there is going to be an adoption day here. People want teen girls." Ms. Zimmer said.

"Seriously?" Maddie asked with excitement.

"Go get ready, they'll be here in an hour." Ms. Zimmer told us.

Maybe I'll get adopted!

I'll get a family!

Maybe even before Thanksgiving!

I ran upstairs and threw on a pair of maroon leggings with a pink sweater and brown combat boots. My hair was down and straight.

"Awesome." I whispered and ran downstairs.

"They'll be here in a half hour." Ms. Zimmer announced. I sat down and finished up my math homework. Once I finished, it was time.

"Logan come here please."Ms. Zimmer said and I walked into her office.

"Yes?" I asked her.

"Follow me." she said and led me to an extra room.

"Why here?" I asked and looked around. It was an old room. Wallpaper was peeling off, no furniture.

"Here." she motioned over to the closet. "Can you get that coat on there?" she asked me.

"There is no coat." I peeked in.

"Just! Get the coat." she told me and I looked in, Next thing you know she pushed me in and locked the door.

"Let me out!" I yelled and pounded on the door.

"Not a chance." she cackled and I heard her leave.

"HELP!" I screamed as loud as I could.

"Who am I kidding." I whispered and sat down. "No one's coming for me."

I pulled out my phone. I would call Lucas to help, but there is no way I want him over here. Then my phone vibrated.

Riles: Hey Log, want to hang out at Topanga's with me, Maya, Lucas, Farkle, and Zay?

I sighed. I wish Riley, I wish.

Me: I wish I could but I have to help my family! How about later?

Riles: Sure!

Me: Cool!

I turned off my phone and pulled my knees up to my chest, hugged them, and cried.

Why do people hate me?

-

"You ruined the whole thing!" Ms. Zimmer yelled at me when she let me out.

"How?" I asked confused.

"None of the girls were adopted!" she spat and left. I sighed, it is my fault.

"Logan it's always your fault" the voice in my head reminded me. And it was right.

"I'm going out." I grabbed my bag.

"Good, and never come back." Chloe spat.

Maybe I shouldn't?

I ran out of the orphanage and as far as I could in the rain. I ended up at Topanga's. I walked in, soaking wet from the stupid rain.

"Logan why are you wet?" Farkle asked.

"I walked." I told them and squeezed out my hair.

"Yee." they said and I sat down by Zay.

"So how was your family thing?" Riley asked.

"Blech." I told her and made a face.

"What happened?" Maya asked and Lucas gave me a look.

"Stuff." I mumbled and gave Lucas a look that said I would tell him later.

"Wow that's specific." Zay mumbled.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes. We all talked for awhile until it was time to leave. Lucas and I walked home together.

"So what happened?" he asked and I explained the whole story.

"I want to run away. No one cares about me anyways." I admitted to him.

"Logan no way. We care about you too much to let that happen. We all do." Lucas told me.

"I know you care, but I just don't believe it." I sighed.

"Logan trust me, please." he said and we looked into each other's eyes.

"I'll try." I whispered and he nodded.

"Is this the place?" he asked. I took a deep breath in and nodded.

"Yep." I sighed. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Do me a favor." he said as I walked up the steps.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Think about telling Zay, Farkle, Maya, and Riley. They can help." he told me. I sighed and nodded.

"I will."

Around Lucas I felt...comfortable.

A/N: What did you think? Anyone feels bad for Logan? Will she tell them?

Thanks for reading! Please vote! :)