w a k e

"Our eyes captures thousands of beautiful pictures everyday." Pradeepa Pandiyan

■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □

"Er, hello?"

"..."

"Is anyone there? Am I in trouble? Whatever it was, it was totally Fletcher's fault."

"Why didn't you tell me that you knew who Tristan was?"

"Ahhhh! Faith! I mean, hello. Yes, nice to greet you again. How are you?"

"Absolutely fan-fricking-tastic, Emily. Back to Tristan?"

"What about Tristan?"

"Did you know who he was before we talked?"

"Faith. I crossed my heart and hoped to die. I hoped to freaking die, Faith! That was some serious stuff right there."

"Okay, fine, but did Fletcher know anything about any of this?"

"Fletcher met Tristan when he visited Westerden Optometrist. Why?"

"Because it's real fishy that he happened to meet Tristan at the same time I met you."

"Well, I, uh, I suddenly remember that I have tons of laundry to do. Lots to clean, lots of dry. Bye bye!"

"Woah, hold your horses, Miss I Avoid Responsibility! Did Fletcher know about me and Tristan?"

"Well, not exactly."

"Emily, I swear to god–"

"Look, I usually blame everything on Fletcher because it usually is his fault, but I won't this time. It was my fault. Totally mine. You can now go sacrifice me to Hades or the Furies or something like that now. I deserve it."

"What did you do?"

"I may or may not have eavesdropped on Fletcher while he was chatting with Tristan on the phone."

"Wait. Fletcher talked to Tristan on the phone? When?"

"I dunno, last Tuesday or something?"

"When was Fletcher's optometrist appointment?"

"Um, earlier today?"

"And what day is it today?"

"What is this, a trivia quiz? Come on, we're only a few months away from summer vacation. Enough with the tests! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather fail all my exams than continue this conversation, Faith."

"What day of the week is it today, Em?"

"Tuesday, why?"

"Do you need a moment?"

"Why would I need a mo– wait, today's the Tuesday after last week. But what does that– oh... oh my god."

"I'm guessing Fletcher didn't actually tell you about his conversation with Tristan?"

"No, I only knew because I eavesdropped, but I ended up assuming that Fletcher had told me about it. That idiot! Why didn't he tell me?"

"Meh, beats me."

"Wait, is he cheating on me with Tristan?"

"What the heck? Do you always jump to the weirdest conclusion?"

"Yeah, I do that a lot."

"Do we have two boys to confront?"

"We do indeed."

"You take Fletcher, I take Tristan?"

"I swear on the Sushi Styx that I will make Fletchy-poo confess everything."