Ch-3. Trystan

To this girl, for she was my first ever follower even before my friends. And yes, I have heard many things about this chapter and I would like to say that once this book is over, I will take each chapter in my hand and cut it and torture it until it is perfect, so till then, I will not make any major changes as it may disrupt my current writing. :)

An Old Song

***********

***********

Hearing the freezing sound of the trickling water to the side of the lake with his sharp ears, he finally found his valour to face Aeron.

Taking a deep breath, Trystan said, "I can tell this story only once. Please do not make me say it again. And yes. No interruptions. Save your doubts for later." He added knowing too well about his friend.

"Seems fair," responded Aeron.

"It is a long story so you better prepare yourself."

As the words left his mouth, Aeron immediately threw a couple of thick fur blankets on top of him and looked as expectantly as a three-year-old kid looks, when they have chocolate for the first time. It still stunned him how he managed to put up with this creature who had a heart of a child.

He could hear the sound of the insects in the creeks chattering among themselves, and the squalls that were gambling who would win first. Knowing that he could not turn his back now, he started telling the tale in a quiet voice.

"Not one or two thousand years ago did she live but her time was before twelve thousand years from now. She was not just a fragment of imagination nor, are all tales about her right. Only a true Acracian can say the tale without any variations, for this is in their blood.

"Anyhow, when the living beings of this continent were immortal, there was only one empire. Its name was Ruthen. It was not divided into six kingdoms as it is now. The just Emperor who ruled then wedded the talented daughter of the High Noble, under whose control was the north-eastern part of the empire, Acracia.

"But what that fair Noble did not know when she wed the Emperor was, that her husband had already given himself entirely to that Dark side. When she did, she knew she could not run away from her destiny."

The people of old knew this story by their heart.

He proceeded, "The realisation that her beloved husband had put with such a sham face to indirectly control the people did not make her run back to her father as most women would do, instead it repulsed her. She knew that if she fled, the people would give into Darkness."

Trystan felt his voice gaining their lost strength. His words grew to that of the man who he was born to be, and not who he was now. Any hint of immaturity on Aeron's face seemed to have eloped with the wind.

"Before you could think that Light side is good and that it balances the Dark that others have chosen, is utterly ridiculous. For the balance must be within each one. If they gave themselves completely to Darkness, they not only lose the power in their system to control and manipulate physical, mental and spiritual elements but they have to pay a terrible price: their immortality. And if they gave themselves to Light, then they had to leave their physical body for the mortal form cannot contain such power."