Ch-29. Ar'kela

Promised update before the starting of my new year. Hope I have enough time to update as according to the dates I keep. Who knows? Let's see about that later. 

For now, enjoy. :-)

Before we begin, I would like to say that Noqua is a poison that kills even the immortals.

Veymroth: the superior dark entities

Shi-qua: the dark soldiers who work the Veymroths 

Noqua

********

********

The strix flew above her, as she glided through the streets of Taswar. Her pale blue dress reflected Earendil's rays with precision. The air was humid and sweat rolled down her spine.

The doors of the houses were closed. Not a single soul was out; the rebellion has taken its toll. Trees shook; grass swayed; sand rippled and stars dimmed.

Some dogs howled, and bats screeched. Xevach squawked and landed on her right shoulder and snitched her blonde hair. She leant away from him shook him off.

"Come on, Arian," a voice, which she always heard when it was strong, was now fluttery. "Keep up."

Though Ar'kela knew the owner of the voice was talking hushed on the other side of the village, she heard it as if Kacela was nearby. The fear in her friend's voice tore her apart. If she could hear her, then even the Veymroths could hear.

"Tell her," she said, jerking the bird to ahead of her.

She followed the strix to the cottage where Kacela was staying. It was quite simple with plants growing and grasses covering them. Moulds grew on the walls and the windowpanes were broken. The soil in the garden was hardened and fractured.

She pushed the door open. Moonlight entered before her breath could enter the house. Despite lamps not being lit, she could see the tattered clothes that hung from the crumbling ceiling. Various insects living in the creeks of the walls glared at her and sang in their high pitch voice.

She smiled and followed the path where her heart guided her.

Like bees in a hive, she knew the presence of her comrades. A suffocating feeling settled on her chest as though someone was sitting on her chest and pressed their hands on her neck. Her mouth grew dry but the taste of water was worse than poison, she wanted to drink molten fire but she knew the presence of light would blind her. Her feet was tied, hands shackled. Her heart was light, light enough to fly but her body was heavy, heavy enough to drown to the bottom of an endless sea.

Yet hope lingered. Hope that someone would come and save her. A promise made. How could it be broken?

Was that how Arian felt? She did not need to feel Kacela, she was going through the same thing.