Ch-5. Caelin

By this point, you all might be confused why there are two chapters named ch-5. The reason is simple, this is the one I am currently editing (rewriting). 

This chapter is not edited.

***********

Laughter erupted from the house. The steam permeated from the window and the delicious scent of lamb stew filled the night air. Despite standing seven yards away from the house, he could hear their useless conversation- something which he tuned out. The twins' aunt was not here. Only the young boy and the girl.

Shadows that laid lazily in the meadow winked at him, coaxing the assassin to wield them to make his work easier. He shook his head. Now was not the time to agree to their whims.

After a minute of banter with his element, Caelin Wedlim gritted his teeth. His power always seemed to overpower him. He shut his eyes and called the shadows. They came slowly and wrapped themselves around him.

He strode towards the house, with the confidence of the predator. After all, the kids were prey.

His sensitive ears picked up the girl shrill and the noise of the furniture being moved. The girl's twin yelped. They were playing. Though the shadows concealed him, they could not veil the smirk that was playing on his lips.

This might be the last time they were ever happy. His master, Vritra was not a kind man when it came to training. Vritra needed the twins and he would do anything to get them. And Caelin would do anything his master asked him to do.

As he walked past the window, he saw the boy had caught his sister. They were not as young as Blayke had said they would be. They were around twenty years, three years younger than him.

He made his way to the front of the house and held the handle of the door to open. Before he could, he heard the girl speak in her quivering voice, all the happiness from their game had vanished.

"Porcys," the girl whispered. "I feel something."

Caelin felt the shift in the boy- Porcys' emotions. "What it is, Vi? Should I take you to the healer?"

"No," she mumbled. "I just have this feeling. Like something is going to happen."

"Look-" the boy started.

"Drop it, okay?" Vi said. "It is not like we are anywhere close the village. We are very far. It would do no good if you are going to run to the healer now. And you know how cranky the healer here is. If you wake her up in the night, she will end up killing me than treating me."

That was true. Had they been anywhere near the village, his work would have been hard. But since they were three miles away from the nearest house, the work of collecting them was easy. And not to mention they were in the northern region of Yerinah, the region Samariya had taken over. And Samariya had pledged to King Taimore.