Ch-20. Trystan

Hi! My exams are over! You know what it means. Updates are on the way. But that is not all the news is about. I would like to warn all my faint-hearted readers for this chapter alone. For this chapter have been divided into four parts. In that, the first two parts have some violent scenes, which I would not prefer for anyone less than 15 years. As this chapter is from Trystan's Point of View, the majority of the chapter contains an insight into his past. So don't say I did not warn you. 

It is not important for you to read the first two parts to understand the story, but the last two is a must. You must read at least the last two parts for you to understand. That's all I wish to say for now. Enjoy :)

An Affair From the Past

********

The room was luxurious. The balcony through which he came in, brought the autumn breeze. The rotten scent of mangroves from the forest wafted through his nose as his green eyes scanned the Lord's private chamber.

Through Eärendil's rays he saw the Lord of Mawar snoring in his bed, his arms draped around a woman half his age.

The young assassin snorted. So predictable. The lukewarm winds had quelled the fire in the lamp. Without disturbing the dust, he made his way across the room to light the lamp. The insane side of him wanted to see the Lord's reaction while he slowly forced his soul out of his body. After all how many people paid for his wrongdoings?

When the lamp was lit, he waited for the oil to be hot. What was the fun without torturing his victims first? After three hundred breaths, he took the hot lamp in his hand and strode towards the Lord's bed. Pierce Walce. The Lord of Mawar was affectionately called as the Helot Thief.

Thousands of adolescent boys were sold as slaves, girls given to rich pervert old men for their pleasure. The more pure, innocent the girls were, higher the price they were sold. Older men and women were auctioned for metal mines in Tantalia.

A nerve in his neck stood out. He had seen Pierce's men taking a young girl before his eyes and he stood there watching. One glare from his master prevented him from killing those men then and there. No one did anything to prevent them from taking her.

So when his master ordered him to eliminate Lord Walce, he was never happier. Perhaps, Vritra knew he would be successful in eliminating him better.

He tilted the lamp over the sleeping Lord and poured a few drops of the scalding hot pale yellow liquid over his neck. He stopped the oil when little was wasted in waking the Lord. He needed the fuel for the fire to burn. Not for him to see, but for the Lord to see his predator.

Pierce woke with an ear-splitting scream. The oil was not meant to kill but to wake. His eyes were wide open, and his barely covered body shivered in fear. His hands went to the region where the oil was poured. Hearing his scream, the woman next to him woke and covered herself with sheets. Her plain neck and her ringless finger said that she was not Lady Brisille Walce.