Ch-55. Cahira

Can't believe that this is the last chapter. If you are reading this, then, you have read 200k+ words. Don't worry, I will cut short it at least by 50k words. 

I never expected that I will come this far. This chapter is the roughest draft I am posting. Simply because I  just finished typing and I am directly uploading it without reading. So bear with me!

The Last Star

***********

The fading sunlight crept into the room like a secret lover. First, it caressed the dirt caked floor and then slowly to the table and her. She was sitting on a plush pink cushion and laid her head on her mother's lap. Her father, who was next to her mother in the lover's seat was stroking her hair.

Xia was singing softly to Neron who was in and out of his half sleep on the bed. Pavan had nothing to say. He was silent for the first time.

"The temples have not been touched by war," Estelle said, answering her previous question. "Only the schools, houses and the medical centres have been destroyed."

"The reconstruction?" Cahira asked.

"Is going on as we speak," Piroska filled. "It might take a while as the constructors are being relocated from Miakal to here."

"Open the treasury, Protectors," her father commanded. "I want the reconstruction process to be as fast as possible."

General Warddis of Icathus entered the room and took the seat next to her brother.

"My lord," Estelle began. "Our loss was not only our capital and our border states. We even have to see the ports. The navy took the worst blow."

"The capital is the heart of any country," her father said gruffly. "First preference must be given to it."

Her mother gave him an incredulous look. "Are you out of your mind, Arkyn? The port holds the economic importance! Our trade and merchandise depend on it. You are asking not to consider it?"

Lord Arkyn Yithare was lost for words. Pavan was smirking slightly and Xia rose her eyebrows.

"What must we do?" Estelle asked, clearing her throat.

Giving her father a daring look, Lady Falisha Yithare said, "Make sure the ports are set and good to go. Then see the capital."

Estelle waited.

"Do as your lady says." Her father finally relented. "Do it quick."

"Yes, my lord," Estelle said.

Bowing low, both her protectors left the room, furiously speaking to each other.

"Seriously, Arkyn?" Her mother rolled her eyes.

Her father did not answer.

"May I say the announcement that I have to say?" the General of Icathus asked.