Ch-36. Ar'kela

I have something important to say, it will be there at the bottom. Now on to the story!

A Passerby

**********

**********

The clouds scudded across the deep azure sky as the cold zephyr gripped on its last sting of life and made its presence known. She yawned and raised her hand.

Sitting outside a small inn located at the travelling path, she was dead tired. Seeing her raised hand, a young boy off twelve came and refilled her beer. Despite the drinks not having any effect on her immortal body, they gave her a sense of humanity. That she too could be normal.

The golden shade reminded her of her days she spent under the sun. Her generous black skin and her cerulean eyes. How she missed them! Switching her body, which had better adapted to the winter, the silvery skin was something she had to get used to seeing after seeing her body glow gold for more than two thousand years.

The beer had no effect on her as she knew, yet she continued drinking. Many men saw her with various emotions visible in their vile eyes, but she dismissed it. It was her night and she deserved it.

One man sat next to her, closer than she would have allowed any living creature next to her. His bulky, fat body was pressed against her side. As though he was doing it without his knowledge, he stretched and tried to put his hand over her shoulders, obviously trying to take advantage of her drunken state.

Before it could touch her, Ar'kela held his hand and touched a nerve. The nerve that would deprive him to use his hand any further. Without looking at him, she threw his lax hand at him.

The man winced but he did not howl or scream in pain. He had just thought something had happened to him. He would know its consequences only the next day.

She touched her forehead to the rim of her beer glass and allowed her hair to shield her.

Many people left and some checked inside to sleep. The movements and noise dropped drastically. Would that woman ever come?

"I came," a feathery voice came. "Who are you and why did you call me?"

"Do not bother me." Ar'kela lifted her head to see the woman wearing a hood. "You need my help, and you will get it."

"I don't need your help, kid," the woman said and sat next to her. "I came here because you said something about the heir."

Five men lurked in the shadows, probably to keep an eye on Ar'kela. Their loyalty towards the woman sitting in front of her stunned the Guardian. Deciding she was in no position to comment, she let that slide.

"Hmm. Interesting," she yawned again. "I asked you to come here at the beginning off the first hour of the night and now you come."

"Unlike you, I have a lot of work," the woman growled lowly. Somehow hearing the anger in that soft voice sounded wrong.