Ch-37. Cahira

Okay, readers. The first half of the chapter contains a little steamy scene. If you are not comfortable reading, you can skip it. When (*******) comes, you can start reading. I have divided the chapter into two halves. You can read the second half and still understand what is going on. 

Yeah, that being said, the poem in this chapter is not exactly a poem. It is actually a song sung by the warriors. So if there is no rhythm or if it does not rhyme, don't blame me. Once a tune is found, I think it might flow. 

Sorry for the late update. Seeing my schedule, I am actually only one week behind. Enjoy :)

Stars Above

**********

"Did I make a mistake?" Her thick voice resonated in the stillroom.

Sefine turned her face and walked out of Cahira's room. She had warned her not to call the favour of the Spirits. Yet she did it.

Estelle leant on the wall and closed her eyes. "I have nothing to say, Cahira."

"I was there with you," Taryn whispered, linking her fingers. "I am also responsible."

"I was the one to suggest it," Nishan said, lowering his head. "I should be the one punished,"

Her green eyes sought Piroska's grey ones. The oldest protector remained silent, deep in her thoughts. Her eyes were glassy but she hardened her features.

Cahira was feeling terrible. How much more should she make her protector suffer? Piroska lost her friend because of her stupidity, now her country. What is there to defend a country, whose fate was to lose?

"I do have a family, Cahira," Piroska began. "I have my son. But I did lose my daughter to a fever. If I were you, I would have saved my daughter. I do understand you. But with the current situation of our country, I would say it was unwise, but yes, by the Spirits, I would have used it to save my child anytime. Sefine needs time to understand that."

"She will come around," Estelle yawned. "I think we all must retire. We all need rest. At the break of dawn, I want Nishan to go west and hand Commander Afreen a message. And Taryn, be prepared, I am sending you to the navy."

The siblings nodded and chatting among themselves, they left.

"I will stay tonight," Piroska informed her. "Estelle, I think you need your sleep too."

"I was going to leave anyway." Leaning away from the wall, she strutted her way out. "I am going to see Neron!"

When Estelle opened the door, Kale was standing there, patiently. He ruffled his hair. Noticing the door was open, he gave Cahira a sheepish grin.

"Is he alright?" she asked, getting up from her bed.

Knowing whom she was referring about he said, "He is sleeping."