That's a Bad Idea

Chapter Ten:
That's a Bad Idea

        "So what book are we looking for anyways?" Asked Dennis, as we follow Dani in the bookstore. The place is called Coffee and Books, and it's pretty much self explanatory. The smell of coffee lingered in the air faintly, and when I turned my head to the café corner, I saw that Dani had already ordered herself a cup.

"This place is pretty cool." She said, as she smiled up to me and Dennis. Then, she looked around. Dani took a step, a little quick glance at me, and she breathed in as if the smell of coffee's therapeutic to her.

I felt the same way, and I thought it was cool that she too find the place pretty cool.

"It's our hipster, hangout spot." Said Dennis. "Be honoured that we included you."

"You've included me?" Asked Dani challengingly as she held the cup of coffee to her mouth. "Since when?"

"Uh." I said stupidly. I felt as if I've been put on the spot. I mean, what should I say? We've just recently met her after all. Besides, I don't think it's right to just categorize our new friendship, so I just opened my mouth and changed the subject. "Good coffee?"

I am so great at communication.

Dennis snorted a laugh, and Dani tried not to laugh at me, but her smirk says otherwise. We moved on to walking down the aisles, searching for a book of interest. Dennis went to the kids section, and flipped through nursery picture books. I followed him, curious of what he's looking at.

"Is it for Samantha?" I asked, thinking about her little sister. With a grin plastered on his face, he asked,

"Hey Mave, what does a pig sound like?" His grin so wide, he looks like he's squinting. Dani happened to appear right beside me, still sipping her coffee and stared. Again, I felt like I've been put under a sudden spotlight. I didn't think.

"Uh, moo?"

Dani burst out laughing, she almost spat out her coffee.

"What the fuck." Said Dennis as he too, had started to laugh.

My face felt so warm, that I'm pretty sure that it's crimson red now. I rubbed the back of my neck and turned around to hide behind an aisle of books. I could still hear Dani and Dennis still laughing at my stupidity, and all I could do was hide my embarassment. I should go out there and laugh with them! Or I could've defended myself and say that pigs can moo too.

"Stop laughing at me!" I told them, still in hiding while scanning the bookshelves for any interesting titles.

"Alright, alright." I heard Dennis say. "Okay what about this one," He continued, still reading that stupid picture book. "What does a horse sound like? And no Dani, I asked Mave, not you."

"Fine you sassy kid." Dani retort.

"I am not sassy, I am determined. There is a difference."

"Do I really have to make animal sounds?" I complained, as I run my palm on the book covers. "I don't like it."

"That says a lot about you." Said Dani, who appeared at the end of the aisle and leaning on a shelf. She has this mischievious smirk on her face, and I so badly want to slap it away. "By that, I meant how you are in be-"