Bubble

Chapter Thirty-Three:
Bubble

I can feel my pulse through my ears, and it felt so strong that I wondered if I was having heart problems.

My lips were still burning from the kiss earlier, and my mind felt cloudy. I wasn't sure how it started, and I wasn't sure how it ended either. And for the love of god, please don't tell me that I hallucinated because that would be the death of me.

But what if the kiss was an illusion? Some say that if you wanted something badly, your mind can play a trick on you and convince you to believe a false idea.

Did I really wanted that kiss to happen?

As far as I know, it felt... right. It felt real to me. I've never been kissed like that before. I mean, sure Natasha was my first kiss, but comparing it with Dani- It was completely different.

To me, it was like a whole new territory, and somehow I feel like I'm an invader of some sort. I'm scared. I'm so scared. Because with this new experience, I feel so alone, lost, and overwhelmed.

I'm so confused to what to do next.

"How's the finger?" Natasha asked.

Her voice snapped me back to reality, and I stared at her, feeling dumbfounded. With a chuckle, she passed me a plate of the turkey sandwich that we made, and together we sat down on high stools against our kitchen counter to eat.

"I'm alright, I guess." I replied, and glanced at the bandage on my index finger. "Dani helped me cover it up."

"That's nice of her."

"Yeah, she- yeah." I stuttered, and ran my hands on my face to snap myself back to normal. My head was hurting a little, my palms are getting sweaty, and suddenly I felt the temperature rise up. "Is it hot in here, or is it just m-"

"Do you want me to leave the room?" Margo offered, grinning innocently as she approached us to get a glass of water.

"Ha-ha." Nat mocked and rolled her eyes at her. "Very funny."

"It's only funny if you didn't agree." Margo replied, making Natasha gawk at her once again.

"You." Nat pointed. "Stop flirting with me."

"I'll stop if you stop giving me that look." Margo winked.

Natasha crossed her arms, her lips pursed, and looked as if she didn't know what to say.

"Margo, stop making Nat feel uncomfortable." Dani called out from the living room.

Margo and Dani were trying to set up the sound system that they brought so we could have loud music later. Unfortunately, Margo's band members couldn't make it to the party due to work, and busy schedules.

I glanced at Dani, and she gave me a small smile. I smiled back, but quickly looked away. It's so strange. I feel more awkward and embarrassed around her now. I don't like it. I don't like feeling like this. It's so frustrating.

Frowning, I glanced at Dani again, and she was giving me a concerned look. I held that stare for a moment and wondered if she and I could make this work. We haven't really talked about it... We just kissed, and that was all. What does that mean now?

"I'm so sorry." Margo laughed happily, and grinned at Natasha. "I'll leave you alone."

"Maybe you should eat another sandwich so you can sober up more." Nat suggested, and went to get the loaf of bread.