Maverick is Confused

Chapter Twenty One:
Maverick is Confused

I opened the door to my room, and immediately jumped on my bed, groaning from tiredness and loving the softness of my pillows.

"I'm sorry I left you." I told my bed, and rolled over so I could lay on my back. Dani was at my doorway, looking utterly amused at my actions, but let herself in anyways. "So this is my room." I stated, waving my hand.

"I see that." She said, nodding her head. "It's... neat."

"I like to keep everything organized." I replied. "If my room is not made, I get bothered by it because it's like the inside of my head, you know? To me, unorganized things means my life is a mess. I don't know. It's really hard to explain."

"You've been to my room. Does that mean that my life is a mess?" Dani asked, a hint of challenge in her tone.

"It depends." I said, grinning at her. "Do you know where everything is, despite the mess?"

Dani nodded.

"Then, you're fine." I answered, getting up and stripping my clothes off. I pulled my blouse on top of my head, and Dani fidgeted on her spot.

"Uh." She muttered, and immediately turned around. "Gay person here, remember?"

I burst out laughing awkwardly.

"Oh, whoops. I totally forgot. But it's not a big deal, you've seen me in my underwear already anyways."

"I told you, I feel very uncomfortable when girls change infront of me." Dani said.

"But why?"

"I feel like a pervert okay? Besides, I don't want you getting creeped out, if I accidentally checked you out."

"Ohhh" I breathed out in realization as I put on comfy sweats and a baggy tee. "So is that why you went in the stall when you changed in the washroom yesterday?"

"Obviously." Dani muttered.

I smirked, as I approached her from behind. As I put my hair up into a messy bun, I teasingly blew air to the back of her neck.

Dani jumped, and turned around.

"Oh my god, don't do that!"

I burst out laughing, and nudged her playfully. Dani sighed, her face flushed as she shook her head.

"You blush really easily." I commented, as I went back to my bed and sat on it with my legs crossed.

"Shut up."

"You're like an open book, but not really."

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked, as she sat on the floor, and opening up her books. I frowned. What did I mean about that?

"Nevermind. It's really hard to explain." I answered. "But I have a question."

"Mave, we have to do our English assignment." Dani complained, passing me the Hamlet booklet.

"Just hear me out." I said. "So, you're into girls right?"

"I answered this already, Mave. Yes I'm into girls, yes I like kissing them, yes I like their boobs, butts- I'm getting carried away here..." Dani chuckled, as she flipped a few pages on her binder. "But yeah, I love them."

"Okay. So you find them attractive right?" I asked, now laying on my tummy and resting my chin on the palm of my hand.

"How many times do I have to say yes?" Dani looked up, raising her eyebrow at me. "Your questions are very repetitive."