Spin the Bottle of Jealousy

Chapter Thirty-Six:
Spin the Bottle of Jealousy

        "Okay. Everyone knows what spin the bottle is, and it's pretty simple." Dennis said. He was standing in the middle of the circle with an empty beer bottle, and he laid the bottle down on his feet. "But I'm going to explain the rules, so everyone will know what's up."

"This sounds like a bad idea." I blurted out, and everyone turned their heads to look at me. Sighing, I played with my fuzzy socks and raised a hand. "What if I don't want to play?" I asked.

"That's not fair, you have to play." Said Margo who was grinning at me like she knows something that I don't.

"How is that not fair?" I asked, and frowning at her.

"Because this is a party, and the whole reason for parties is to get to know each other." Margo answered. "And to have a great time, of course."

Everyone nodded their head in agreement.

"There is no discussion for debate." Dennis said, and held up an index finger and wagged it at me and Margo. "That is why there are rules. I will explain them after you're done voicing out your anxiety."

"It's going to be okay, Mave." Dani whispered only for me to hear, but something tells me that it's not going to be okay.

"Let's start." Dennis said, and made his way beside Natasha who made room for him o sit down. "I'll spin the bottle first, and I have to kiss the person on the lips for at least three second, to whoever the bottle pointed to."

"What if it's both girls and both boys?" Asked Marco, who looked curious. "I don't want to sound crude, but it's a fair question, right?"

"Scared to kiss a boy, Marco?" Asked Margo.

"Not at all." Marco said, chuckling. He stared right at Natasha and smiled. "I wanted to know what my chances are on kissing a particular someone."

Everyone oohed. Natasha looked at me with her face flustered and all I did was laugh.

"There are no exceptions." Dennis clarified. "But if you're not comfortable kissing the other person, then you have to pick truth or dare. Does that sound fair?"

Again, everyone muttered their agreement.

"But if someone picked dare, you can't dare the person to kiss the other person behind the bottle." I said. "Or you can't dare someone to kiss another person, period." Gina laughed beside me, and said,

"Of course Maverick would find the loophole." Gina smirked.

"Alright fine." Dennis nodded. "That sounds fair. Are  you okay, Mave?" Asked Dennis who looked amused at my expression.

"I'm fine. I'm totally fine." I said, and waved a hand. I caught Dani's eyes and she was giving me a tight smile. She and I both know that this was something I'm not comfortable with. But I can't ruin the fun for everyone. Maybe I'll just pick truth all the time.

"And what happens if it's your turn to spin, and the bottle pointed at yourself? Do you spin the bottle again?" Gina asked.

"Nope. You get to pick truth or dare." Dennis answered.

"Fun." Gina said with a grin.

"Okay, here I go." Dennis announced and spun the bottle.