Oh Wait. I'm Gay.

Chapter Thirty-Nine:
Oh Wait. I'm Gay.

"Hi there, captain." Dani greeted, as she set her gym bag down. She was already dressed in her black adidas track pants, and in her royal blue training jersey. Then, she took out her basketball shoes and started to tie them up beside me on the bench.

I looked at her, surprised at how early she arrived. She must've read my mind because Dani rolled her eyes at me, flipped her blonde hair back, and quickly gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"As if I'd miss out on seeing you early." She said, and giving me the look of amusement. The way she said it was really genuine, which then made me blush and look at her in bafflement.

I was already dressed up myself, in my athletic Nike shorts, and the same royal blue training jersey. I didn't wear my glasses today, and got contacts instead because I didn't want to break them during practice. Then, I adjusted my basketball socks and I was so glad that I got new ones because my old ones sags down on my ankle. The new ones I have now hugged my calves, and I can't help but feel satisfied.

"I'm not gonna be easy on you guys during this practice." I told Dani while tying my hair up into a ponytail.

She stared at me.

"And I'm gonna know who's been slacking." I said, and can't help but feel quite excited to play the sport "We'll be doing a lot of cardio training today, so expect a whole lot of running."

Dani doesn't seem like she was paying attention at all. I waved a hand at her face to get her attention, and she blinked as if she snapped awake. Then, she simply tucked a loose strand of my hair behind my ear and said,

"I swear to god, you are so cute when you talk about something you're so obviously passionate about."

And I stared at her, did a double take, and realized...

Oh wait. We're dating.

The whole thing just made me laugh, because... It's really interesting. I've never thought that I could have someone like me like Dani does. Honestly, when I was still trying to desperately understand what I feel towards people, and why does it seem like I don't want a boyfriend made me genuinely think that there was something wrong with me.

Am I capable to be close to someone? To feel what others seems to feel? For so long I watched from afar wondering what it was like, and I swore to myself that I'll wait for my moment, but it never happened. I was so insecure and worried that I might have trust issues, an honest to god I hate it.

But then Dani became my friend, and suddenly I started to develop feelings for her. So then I realized, wait a second- There's nothing wrong with me. I'm just hella gay.

Hella gay for Dani, and hella gay overall.

I guess my mom was right when she said I needed to get out more. My dad was also right when he said that it'll create more opportunities. I guess they're right, but I wouldn't be able to express my feelings if it wasn't for Dani.

What if we never knew each other? What if she was escorted by another student, instead of me? But I don't want to think about that. I'm just grateful that she waltz in my life, and I couldn't feel more comforted by her.