Thou Shall Not Insult Me Part 2

Chapter Thirteen Part 2/3:
Thou Shall Not Insult Me

Like before, I walked Dani to her Calculus class. She got annoyed because she thought that I was treating her like a child, but then I told her that I'm dodging Nat and I didn't want to be a part of the drama, even just for a little while.

"Just be grateful that I'm walking you." I said, gripping the straps of my book bag, and playing with my amethyst necklace.

"You'll be late for Bio again." She told me, and lightly touched my arm. I stopped in the middle of the hallway, and stared at her hand, surprised at the movement. Then, I stared at her. She looked concerned again, and I guess it's my fault for worrying her so much. I should just keep things to myself, but then again, that sounded stupid because Dani knew everything already.

Usually, I mind that people hug me, or touch me, except for Nat and Dennis. But I find Dani's gesture comforting. It was strangely familiar, and I couldn't figure out why.

Dani quickly pulled away, as if she got caught for doing something wrong. I chuckled at her reaction and I shook my head at her.

"Sorry." She mumbled. I shrugged, hooked my arm with hers, and pulled her with me. Her shoulders were tensed, but then I told her,

"I guess this will help me keep going. You never know, I might just fall flat on the floor because of all the damn drama that's happening lately. My body can't take it."

Then, Dani relaxed and together we walked around, arm in arm, like we're best of friends. But honestly, it was more of a please-support-me-I-might-fall-into-the-dephts-of-hell kind of thing... I guess you could say that I have a lot in my mind lately.

"I finished the book, by the way. Sunday's at Tiffany gave me mixed emotions." I said told her as we walk up to another hallway.

"Already?" She asked, surprised. I rolled my eyes, she should've known by now that I'm a total bookworm.

"Yes." I answered. "It was very romantic. It almost made me want to vomit, but it was so perfect, ya know? I wanted to hate it, but I can't."

Dani laughed, and looked at me.

"I finished the book too." She said.

"How was it?" I asked, grinning now. "There were tears, I bet?"

"There were enough tears."

"Don't lie to me."

"Fine, I was basically sobbing after I finished it." Dani admitted, and chuckled.

"Wanna trade books again?" I asked, and pulled my arm away gently as we neared her Calculus class. Her warmth lingered, and I kind of wanted to hold her hand instead, but I didn't do that. It would be weird. "We can do it after school, you know, since we're going to work on that English assignment anyways."

"I can't after school today. I forgot about the..." Dani trailed off.

"Got plans?" I asked, suddenly envious that she might've made friends already. Who wouldn't want to be friends with her? I won't be surprised if she found someone else better than me and hang out with them instead.