Chapter 5 (The offer)

Kaylyn sat in her small kitchen eating breakfast when she heard a knock at her door. She smoothly slid off the chair and strode towards the door, thinking that it might be Faith. She hadn't bothered to pull a robe around the thin night blouse, and shorts which barely covered her bottom, and her hair was also down in a tangled mess.

       Matthew stood on the outside of the clustered apartment. The passage was so close, if he'd been any bigger, he'd have to squeeze through. Loud curses rang out from the nearby rooms, followed by loud crashing sounds. The smell of cigarettes and alcohol hung in the air like a cloud. A few onlookers passed, giving him curious glances, looking at him from head to toe. He clearly didn't fit in, in his neatly tailored suit, while some men passed with their pants hanging to their knees and with shirts big enough to hold three obese persons.

       Matthew was getting impatient by the minute, and just as he was about to knock again, the door opened. The breath hitched in his throat as he stared at the woman standing before him. She was clearly surprised too, but that wasn't the cause of his shock. Kaylyn Fisher stood there in all her beautiful glory.

      No longer was she in her shapelessly big clothes, but instead she was in a shorts and a small top. Her hips flared at her waist - her shorts leaving a little to his imagination. Her legs were endless and smooth, with not a single blemish. His eyes travelled to her chest, and it was at that instant did he feel a stirring in his groin. Her tight thin blouse, hugged her form, imprinting the firm, rounded mounds of her breast which were not confined by a bra.

     He swallowed hard as his eyes went to her face. Apart from her wide grey eyes, her face was flushed, and fresh of makeup. Her hair flowed down her shoulders in a tangled mess, long streaks of bright yellow, peeking out through the golden orange bundle.

Matthew cleared his throat, trying to rid his thoughts of the images that flashed through his head.

      "W-what are you doing here?" she croaked.

      "Can we talk?" he asked tightly, trying to avert his eyes from her body.

Kaylyn shook her head. "Wait, how did you get..." she trailed off and sighed. "How did you know my address?" she bit out crisply.

He cocked a brow. "Come on Kaylyn. I think you know the answer."

Kaylyn hissed. "What do you want?" she hastened.

     "Aren't you going to invite me in?" he challenged.

     "No," came the bitter reply.

Matthew clenched his teeth. "Please, this is important."

Kaylyn looked at him for a moment before she opened the door wide enough to allow him entry. He entered, his eyes immediately roaming over the small space with its little furniture.

Kaylyn disappeared around a corner and quickly came back, wearing a robe tied tightly around her waist, and her hair in a ponytail.

Matthew pouted mockingly. "I liked the other look better."

And he did. He really enjoyed admiring her soft curves and immense beauty.

Kaylyn rolled her eyes. "Ready to tell me why you're here?" she asked, cocking a quizzical brow.

      "Well aren't you going to show a bit of hospitality?" he teased.

Kaylyn rubbed her temple and licked her lips. "I want you out of my house as soon as possible, so if it's a warm welcome you're expecting you've come to the wrong place," she said calmly, but still harshly.

Matthew took a seat on an old worn out sofa. "I'm here to make you an offer," he informed.

        "I think I told you last time what you can do with your offers."

       "You told me to fuck it," he chuckled. "Well let's just say, if you don't agree to this one... You're fucked," he completed with a devious smirk.

Kaylyn blanched. "What the hell do you want this time?" she asked a bit nervously.

He smiled.  "I want full custody of the baby when you've given birth," he replied with challenging eyes.

#

Kaylyn stared blankly at Matthew for a moment, failing to believe his demand. She suddenly felt a bolt of anger rush through her.

      "Get the hell out of my house!" she spat with disgust.

Matthew laughed mirthlessly. "Think this through Kaylyn," he warned.

       "Who the hell do you think you are?!" she yelled in outrage. "I don't care if you are the Prince of Wales, you will not lay a hand on this child when I've given birth, and you can offer me the world, my answer will still be no!" she cried out angrily.

Matthew flinched at her words. "I will have custody Kaylyn. You are not capable of bringing up a child in this...." he trailed off, gesturing around her flat, with utter scorn. "Dump!" he spat.

Kaylyn swallowed the lump that formed in her throat. "Get out," she said in a much calmer tone than she had planned.

A smile graced his face once more, but this time, his eyes were deadly. "You have no chance in court Kaylyn. Full custody of the baby equals five million dollars to be free. Only a fool would decline my offer," he exclaimed bitterly.

     "Well call me stupid!" she bit out stingingly.

      "Once I've proven to the court of how unfit you are to be a mother, you will begin to regret it then, he exclaimed. You can't bring up a child in this pig sty. I'll get the custody and we both know it."

Kaylyn tried to suffocate the tears that were threatening to burst out. She knew deep down, that Matthew was speaking the truth, but she didn't want to acknowledge the fact. Even though her tummy was still flat and the baby hadn't developed... It was still hers- she had felt the bond already, and if she had to carry it full term, only to give it over to the ruthless devil...

     "I'd rather terminate this pregnancy, than to give you full custody," she exclaimed firmly, her eyes firm and cold.

____________________________________

Hello!! Thanks for reading!!! I really appreciate it... Keep it up 😜
VOTE/COMMENT/FOLLOW ME/SHARE WITH A FRIEND...if you want to. (Would mean a lot)
Laters baby...and stay tuned for more DRAMA!