Chapter 11(You will...I will not)

Kaylyn expelled a sigh of frustration and rolled her eyes before she closed the door. Crossing her arms, she strolled towards Matthew who had already taken a seat on a single seat sofa. His legs were crossed, his face set in a no-nonsense expression.

Kaylyn however, was not intimidated by the intensity of his gaze or the grim line his mouth was drawn into.

      "There's nothing to talk about," she shrugged, arms still crossed.

Matthew ground his teeth, so much so that she could see the muscles working up in his jaw.

      "I'm not here to play games Kaylyn, so why don't you just cut the crap and let's get this over with," he bit out between tightly clenched teeth.

Kaylyn huffed out a breath. "Who said this was a game? I have nothing to say to you so you're wasting your own time," she said in the same hard tone.

Matthew rose from the sofa, buttoned the single button on his jacket and moved to stand directly in front of Kaylyn, staring down at her. Kaylyn swallowed and held her head high, staring up at him, not deterred by his huge form.

     "Don't-"

      "Don't what Matthew?" she spat harshly, cutting him off. "Pretty brave of you walking in here like you own this damn place - like you own me or anything of mine. I don't have to say shit to you so stop acting like you own me," she said heatedly.

        "I own the child you are carrying!" he fired back, causing Kaylyn to slightly wince. "I am the father and I have a right to know what the hell that doctor said to you. I have a right to know if everything's alright," he fumed.

Kaylyn, who was fuming also, took another step to Matthew and jabbed her index finger at his chest. "You lost the right to everything when you barged in here days ago, thinking that my child was for sale."

She knew she was playing with fire, but at the moment she didn't mind a little burn.

Matthew grabbed her wrist and she gasped. "You should know better than to mess with me Kaylyn. I'll put you through hell," he exclaimed disconcertingly.

     There was silence, their eyes locking in a heated battle, none cowering under the intensity of the other's gaze. Seconds seemed like minutes and a minute seemed like an eon. Matthew released his hold on her wrist and sighed, realising the more he pushed, the more adamant she got.

      "Look, I just want to know what happened," he paused. "Please," he completed in a plea-like cry of desperation.

Kaylyn was hesitant, but she decided to tell him everything to have him out of her hair. The last thing she needed in her day was an arrogant man.

      "I fainted. The doctor said it may be low blood count or..." she trailed off, wondering if she should fill him in on the seriousness of the matter. "Something else," she decided on saying.

Matthew's forehead wrinkled. "Something else?" he questioned.

Kaylyn sighed and ran a hand through her hair, all the emotions of the day rushing back.

      "He said that if I faint again it might be serious," she croaked, voice cracking with emotions.

Matthew swallowed. "How serious?" he asked.

She cleared her throat. "I don't know."

Matthew grounded his teeth. "So that's all they said? If you faint again it might be serious?" he questioned firmly and not waiting on Kaylyn to answer the question, he continued. "So you should just sit around, hoping not to faint again?" he hissed. "What if you do and it is serious? What if..." he trailed off and raked his hand through his hair. "Get ready, I'm taking you to a real doctor," he completed sternly.

Kaylyn gasped. "It can be noth-"

      "Or it could be something. What are you going to do, sit around waiting for it to happen or not to happen? It's best to know ahead of time."

       "I'm not going anywhere with you," she exclaimed, crossing her arms.

       "Can you quit being so God damn stubborn and just stop to think about the baby?" he fired angrily.

Kaylyn scoffed, staring at Matthew in disbelief. "Think about the baby? Think about the baby?" she repeated in bewilderment. "The baby is who I think about twenty four seven. I'm scared out of my mind for it so don't you dare come in here telling me to think about the baby!" she spat, feeling her eyes begin to gloss with the tears brimming in them.

Matthew flinched when he saw how distraught she was, and he immediately felt guilty. Moving towards her, he was unsure of how she'd react but he felt like taking his chances so he cautiously pulled her into his arms, allowing her to sob against his chest. Kaylyn didn't protest, she needed a shoulder to cry on and Matthew so happened to be there so she let it all out.

He hushed her, and was surprised at the fact that he found comfort in comforting her. Maybe he was to be blamed for her grief, but he planned on making things better. It was full time he handled the situation like he had some sense.

      "I'm sorry Kaylyn. I didnt mean to be so insensitive he cut himself off. We didn't exactly start off on a good foot but I want to help."

Kaylyn brushed the tears from her face and stepped a foot back, feeling her cheeks warm when she realised how putty she had gone in Matthew's arms. The last thing she wanted was for him to think she was defenceless.

     "I can manage alone," she croaked and cleared her throat.

Matthew sighed. "Please allow me to help you. I am willing. I apologized and now I'm willing to give you my support. Why don't you accept? What do you want from me?" he asked in frustration, flabbergasted by how stubborn the woman was.

     "That's the thing. I don't want anything from you," she bit out, knowing he was right, she was stubborn but she still couldn't forget how he handled the situation days ago. She was still unforgiving about that and did not welcome any suggestions that he now had.

Matthew raked his fingers through his hair. "I tried to be civil, but you have now forced me to show you just how far I can go, and I am willing to go far for this baby's sake," he ground out angrily.

     "Pack your things now princess. You're moving in with me," he exclaimed.

Kaylyn gasped. "Are you insane? I will no-"

      "You will, because if you don't I'll ruin you. I'll make sure that no one in the entire state hires you for a job. I'll make sure that you won't even have enough money to buy yourself a bottle of water."

Kaylyn swallowed. "So you're threatening me now?" she cocked a brow challengingly.

      "That's exactly what I'm doing, and you better not take it lightly," he too cocked a brow.

       "I'm not moving in with you Matthew, and that's final," she said.

    "You are moving in with me Kaylyn, and that is final," he exclaimed firmly, his heated gaze locking with Kaylyn's.

___________________________________

A/N: you guys feel that?
That's the heat from their convo!!!!!!
Who do you think will have the FINAL say in the matter??
Let me know in the comments!!

Laters baby
Xoxo
Juju