Throw Down

Things in the Hale house were tense from the fight that broke out the night before, by the break of dawn the two were back in each others faces. Apparently Wiley found it unfair that he had to get up and attend school after the rough night he had, which caused Victoria to throw that same excuse in his face. Lately he has been getting out of hand and Victoria was on a very short string as a result of the kids poor life choices. Sure let kids go out and learn from there own mistakes, Victoria understood that it was a normal teenage thing, but when she has to haul his ass out of the deep pit of trouble he gets in over and over again it gets old.

Now that the kids were finally out of the house and taken care of Victoria was finally free to do all the work that had piled up. Needing to wind down a bit Victoria thought it better to go out and tend to the horses and check on the fields first, a calm day out working would do her some good. So slipping on her boots and grabbing a few beers she loaded up in her work truck and took off towards the back of the family property.

Everything was fine for the first few hours the horses were roaming free, the barn was clean, and the fields were as green as ever. The only thing out of the ordinary was the thick tire tracks trailing through the mud leading further back on the property. The only thing in that direction being the cabin sitting out by the river that runs through this part of the state. If there was one thing Victoria loved it was privacy, and those who trespassed on her property were asking to be shot.

She may be living in California but Victoria was born and raised in Texas, so her country roots ran deep. Hopping into the cab of her truck she pulled the shotgun from the back glass and tore through the mud fallowing the trail ahead of her. Whoever may or may not be back there were about to meet the gates of hell if she catches them that was a promise she had no problem cashing in.

The trip was short, and just by looking at it the place seemed normal but there was something off about the whole thing. You could see the boot prints clear as day leading up the steps, in fact the whole place was torn from recent activity mud, and tracks lingering around. Taking her time Victoria slowly stepped out with the gun in hand careful not to make a sound to alert anyone who may still be hanging around. Inside the cabin was a mess like someone had been staying there for a while, clothes on the ground and fresh food in the fridge.

She made the whole trip through the small cabin and came up empty handed, as Victoria made her way to the truck she had thoughts on setting up trail cams and getting this asshole, but all plans were lost when she was tackled to the ground droping her gun in the process. Falling straight into the mud she flipped and came face to face with her attacker. He couldn't have been much taller than her but he had deep tanned skin, hazel eyes and dark black a hair that came down and connected with a beard. He stood over her with a broad stance and fist clenched at his sides. With quick thought Victoria raised her hands up in surrender as she slowly climbed to her knees never breaking eye contact.

In a split second she took her attacker by surprise by launching towards him and tackling him down by the waist. Straddling his legs down she trapped him, fighting back when he did, she started to see red again. Fist were flying and movements were blurred, the brawl came to a small stop when he finally got his knees up and kicked out sending her off of him and into the mud. As quick as she had seen it she was up and standing over a limp body. In the rush of things Victory landed right by the shotgun and used it to her advantage, with the barrel in her hands she swung the butt straight into the mans temple sending him to the ground.

She raised a hand to wipe the blood and mud mixture from her chin before taking her belt off and restricting the mans hands together. Already winded from the fight she dragged his body to the truck where she threw him in the bed and closed the tale gate and locked the bed cover keeping the man caged in. There were thoughts rushing through her mind on what to do with the sleeping man but one really stood out to her. Without a second thought she jumped in the truck and speed off to town to the one place she knew she could get away with something like this....TellerMorrow.