Fonder at Heart

Once we crossed the threshold of Happys room I was quickly flung onto the bed, I could only hope that this argument would be quick and easy. I just relaxed and laid my arm over my eyes ready for the Killa's rage. After a few moments of complete silence I was surprised by a pile of soft fabric hitting my stomach causing me to jump slightly. Moving my arms, I lock eyes with Happy who looks equally as tired as I did. There were deep bags under his eyes that I had failed to notice throughout the meeting then again i was refusing to meet his gaze. The feeling  of regret and worry filled my chest as it dawned on me that I had done this to him.

"So you're not gonna yell at me?" I asked tiredly sitting up crossing my legs beneath me.

"Not tonight, go clean yourself up." He grunted flopping down on the bed behind me.

Nodding numbly to myself I grabbed the clothes and shuffled into the adjoining bathroom grateful to be off the hook for now. Running the shower water I turned and looked at myself in the mirror. The blood and dirt smudged my skin hiding the bruises and cuts that laid claim on my face, while my short white hair knotted and wild from the wind. The clothing I still had left was tattered and stained with the memory of tonight. But my eyes are what really got me, cold spheres of emeralds looked back at me, the image will haunt me of how I couldn't even recognize myself. In nearly a year my life has been wrecked and nearly ended so much that it seems to have changed me without knowing.  I've killed my own father and I feel no remorse, is this shock?

"Get out of that head of yours." Happy huffed.

I nearly jumped in surprise from his voice and quickly relaxed into his chest as he ran his hands down my sides pulling me close. It was in this moment I realized just how comfortable I am with Happy. In little under a year he has become such a consistent person in my everyday life like the boys or my fur babies. Hell he even started living in my house not by choice at first but then he just stayed.

"I mean, you may as well join me." I hummed taking in his warmth.

He just grunted before lifting me up causing a squeal of surprise from me.  Next thing I knew we were under streams of hot, trying to remove the others wet clothes with little difficulty. It was see now how our time apart has really built up the sextual tention. With a chuckle I removed my lips from his, and smiled up at him.

"So do you have bitch from the pen that I need to worry about?" I cackled stepping back against the tiled wall.

"Oh i'll show whos my bitch." He growled pulling me to him roughly.

I guess time apart really does make the heart grow fonder.