Chapter 4

Chapter 4

There's a big- no scratch that a gigantic spider on my shoulder!

"Ahhh!" I screamed loudly, jumping up and down, hoping that it would fall off.

"Ms. Taylor!" Mr. Garrison shouted.

"There's a spider. Ahh!" I screamed in terror and the whole class burst out laughing.

I saw Carson clutching his stomach from laughing so hard.

"Ms. Taylor, get out of the classroom!" said Mr. Garrison.

"But-"

"Get out!" He bellowed.

I slumped my shoulders and got out. I walked out of the classroom and sighed. I'm sure that Carson put the spider on my shoulder.

That's for sure.

I walked out of the classroom and turned the doorknob when someone shouted,

"Look! There's a big spider on top of her head!" I realized that's Carson's voice.

I screamed and whip my head back and forth and started jumping up and down again. After doing that for 3 minutes, I noticed that the class erupted to laughter and there's no spider on top of my head.

'You're so stupid. That's why you've been abused for years because you don't even have the strength to defend yourself.'

I frowned at that though then turned around and faced Carson with an evil smile plastered on my face. His eyes widen a fraction bit and I smirked at him.

Ring

And that's my cue to leave. I went to the vending machine, I was lucky that there isn't an endless line that was present most of the time. I bought 2 cans of Coke. I shook the other one and spot Carson with his friends near the lockers.

Get ready, you asshole.

I walked slowly towards him, aiming my target.

"Hey Carson," I greeted him.

All of his friends were looking at me with knowing smirks. Carson looked at me with a questioning look as if he's sending me a message, asking me why am I here.

"Peace offering." I smiled sweetly at him and handed the coke that I shook awhile ago.

"Thanks cupcake I know you love me." He winked and his friends smirked wider.

Guess what? I smirked back at them.

I have to hold my laugh as he opened his coke. The moment he pulled the metal lid, the coke exploded right onto his face.

I burst out laughing along with his friends, the people in the hallway stopped their tracks and looked at the scene.

"What the hell? Bitch!" he shouted at me.

I doubled in laughter that my stomach is starting to hurt. When I finally calmed down, I found my voice and replied.

"I don't think you know this saying so I'm gonna tell you, Payback's a bitch." I smirked at him and started walking to my next class.

"You'll regret this." he snapped at me and I heard the anger in his voice

I quickly ran to my classroom with that angry voice taunting my head. But thankfully the bell saved me.

I entered my class and sat at the left most corner of the class.

"Good morning class, today we will study about cell respiration and later you'll have to discuss your project with your partner." Ms. Prescott said, her lips on a tight line.

"Sorry I'm late Ms. Prescott." Carson feigned disappointed with his actions.

Why is he here?

"Mr. Matthews, why are you late? You know that I hate tardy people entering my class!" Ms.Prescott scolded him.

"I'm sorry Ms. Prescott this won't happen again." he gave her a puppy dog eyes and a wink.

I gaped at him. What is he doing?

"Sit anywhere you want and next time don't be late." Ms. Prescott said.

I sat there shocked knowing that Ms. Prescott is very strict when it comes to tardiness.

Without knowing it, someone slid next to me.

'Please don't be him, Lord please help me.' I pleaded.

"Scared cupcake?" he whispered huskily in my ears, I felt his presence so close to me that his breath fanned my face.

'He didn't hear my prayers.'

"S-scared of what?" I stuttered and mentally slapped my face.

Why does he affect me like this?

Sure he was attractive, blue eyes with a shade of green, messy blonde hair with the height of 6"5 and well built muscles but he's a jock and jocks are jerks.

"Me. I know you're attracted to me Cass, everyone is. Did you even see the trick I did there with the old witch?" he whispered I can still feel his hot breath on my cheeks,

"You're so dull of yourself. Watch your mouth, Matthews." I shot back with a glare.

I noticed that we are 3 centimeters apart that our face are so close.

I backed away and stumbled so I fell from my chair and closed my eyes preparing myself to be embraced by the ground. I felt two warm arms wrap around me to prevent me from falling.

"Woah! Careful there cupcake. Falling for the ground are we?" Carson said with a smirk on his face.

"Thanks," I mumbled and looked at my hands as the blush rose from my cheeks.

I can't hide the fact that he saved me from kissing the cold tiled floor.

"Aww! Look who's blushing" he cooed with a teasing voice then he pinched my cheek.

"Shut up," I swatted his hands away as my face gets redder.

"You-look-like-a-tomato" he said between his laughs.

"Mr. Matthews! Do you mind telling us why you are laughing so hard?" Ms.Prescott asked him.

"She's blushing like there's no tomorrow," he doubled in laughter.

Everybody turned to look at me and Carson, some girls are giggling when they saw Carson laughing. Why not? It's cute, they're like a melody in my ears and - Why am I thinking of him like that?

Remember, he's a jock and a jock is nothing but a jerk. I should really keep that in mind.

"Sit down Mr. Matthews!" she scolded and went back to teaching.

Carson looked at me with a glint of amusement in his eyes. I scowled at him and listened to the lecture.

"Okay class, time to work with your partners I'll announce them now." Ms. Prescott announced.

Everybody started chattering.

'Can't we pick our own partner?'

'Please have mercy,'

'I don't want to be paired up with the guy who constantly picks his nose,'

"Class tone down your voices! I'm the teacher not you so I'll choose your partner. First pair, Mr. Matthews you will work with Ms. Taylors,"

"WHAT?!" we shouted at the same time.

"Why, do you have any problem with that?" Ms. Prescott asked skeptically.

"No Miss this is definitely what I wanted," Carson said and wiggled his eyebrows at me.

Well, let the HELL begin.