Chapter 50

Recap:

I felt so tired, before sleep conquered me I heard sirens at the backround and that's the last thing I heard.

☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎

Chapter 50

Cassidy's POV

Beep

Beep

Beep

The beeping sound won't stop, it keeps on repeating its same irritating beat.

I felt like I was being paralyzed, I can't move or utter a word.

"How is she?" I heard a girl's voice.

"She's still sleeping," the familiar voice that rung through my ears wants to make me wake up.

I tried so hard to pry my eyes open but they can't. It's like they're glued together.

"Why don't you go home and take a shower sweetie?" The same girly voice spoke.

"No mom, I have to be here when she wakes up."

"But-"

"No. I will stay here and wait for her to wake up, no one can change my mind." The voice replied in a stern manner.

"Could you atleast eat? You haven't eaten since that day," I heard the girl sigh.

"I will, but I'm not hungry. Anyway how's Adam doing?"

"He's stable."

"Can you-"

I wasn't able to hear the rest of the conversation when the voices faded away and sleep conquered me again.

☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎

I jolted awake in no time when a syringe pierced my arm.

I blinked to focus gaze and saw a familiar blonde haired guy sleeping on the couch.

"Oh you're awake, how do you feel?" I looked up to find a middle aged nurse smiling softly at me.

"Fine." I croaked out, throat dry.

"Oh silly me, I'll call for the doctor and bring you some water." She gave me another smile before stepping out of the room.

I shifted my gaze to the man who's sleeping at the couch.

Carson.

He has dark bags under his eyes and I realized that he still hasn't changed to his normal outfit. He's still wearing the white button up shirt beneath the coat.

He shifted uncomfortably against the couch, he keeps on turning until he let out a small groan of annoyance.

His eyes slowly fluttered open, revealing the blue green orbs that I love.

"Hi," I whispered.

He immediately turned to face me, so fast that I thought it broke his neck. Without any warning he was right in front of me, holding my hand in his.

"How do you feel? Are you okay? Does your stomach hurt? If it does tell me and I'll-"

I shut him up with a kiss, I heard him groan the moment our lips met. He squeezed my hands tighter in his as we kiss, his soft lips moving against my own. I missed this so much, he slightly pulled away only to kiss my nose.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you," His breath fanning my face, eyes closed with his eye lashes rested just above his cheekbones.

I faintly shook my head and put my free hand on the nape of his neck. I played with his hair before I spoke.