Chapter 42

Recap:

"Let her go."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Chapter 42

The man didn't let go of me as muffled sobs escaped my mouth. I don't know how it happened but within a second I felt the man being pulled away from me. I opened my eyes to find Carson beating the shit out of the guy.

"Don't. Fucking. Touch. Her. Ever. Again." Carson pummeled him.

"So that you'll have fun with her? I can say that she's tight." The old man slurred and smiled a bloody grin.

This seemed to anger him more as he put more pressure on his punches, you can see the veins popping out of his neck. He continued to punch him until he was left unconcious.

"If you want to live then don't say those fucking things about her."

I can't stop the sobs that escaped me at the same time I can't believe that he's here to save me again.

The music came to an abrupt stop as the crowd huddled around us, people started whispering against each other, giving us peering looks.

"Oh my god. Cass, I'm so sorry for leaving you back there." Ally squeezed through the crowd and immediately appeared in front of me.

I can't speak. I was too shocked by everything. A river of tears flew out of my eyes as I watch Carson punch him with every strength he has. I don't know what snapped into him but he stopped and his head whipped towards our direction.

Everything slowed down the moment I saw those blue green eyes that I came to love, the one that I'm yearning to look at for weeks.

"So much of a friend huh?" Carson told her with a clipped tone which made her flinch.

His eyes averted to my gaze which immediately softened. He took his jacket off him and draped it around my shoulders, it smelled like home. He pulled my wrist in his hands and yanked me away from Ally, the crowd and the tension.

By the time our feet brought us outside, he already released his grip on me.

"Are you okay?" He suddenly asked me.

I looked up to meet his gaze, I can't help but notice the dark bags under his eyes but that doesn't change the fact that he managed to stay beautiful, gorgeous.

"I'm fine, thanks." I muttered in a soft voice.

What's more awkward than talking to your ex?

"Sure," he shifted awkwardly, "so uh.. Your cast is gone." He chuckled softly.

I looked down at my now fully recovered leg and smiled in agreement.

"Yeah, they were discarded a week ago."

"That's good," he cleared his throat.

I looked at him, like really looked at him and examined his features for the last time because I know that this would be my last chance to do it. And after tonight, I would make a promise to myself that I will move on.

"Why are you crying?" He suddenly snapped me out of my thoughts.

I choked a laugh and wiped my tears away.

"Isn't it obvious?"

"What are you talking about? Is this because of what happened back there?" He jerked his fingers backwards.

I rolled my eyes and started to walk away, walking past him until a hand landed on my shoulder.

"Is this because of what happened between us?" He sighed.