Unresponsive

Shout out to a very kind, very generous, very helpful girl, @katerinabenedikt03. Thanks for all your help and I love working with you.

"And he also said he quit." Erin concluded her conversation with Voight, rushing out of his office and to her desk. She looked across at Jay's desk and thought about where he'd be working, who he'd be working with, and what would have happened if she never found out about Kate.

"Alright, Gentlemen, and lady, we have a very special guy coming to meet you all, his name is Jacob Stellan." Voight announced.

"You mean the Jacob Stellan. Two time grammy award winner, and actor and singer! Oh my god! He's coming? How do I look?" Erin asked.

"You look disheveled," Ruzek played.

"Whatever." Erin sighed.

"Yes, he's coming and he is going to follow us around, see what we do, ya know, learn how to be basically us for a movie that he is starring in. He's playing a detective and he wants to be the character. Therefore, Antonio, he will be shadowing you today, tomorrow he'll be shadowing me. Then after that he's gonna go back to Hollywood." Voight stated and walked back into his office.

Erin looked at her phone. She debated texting Jay and decided not to.

"Hank," Erin walked back into his office, "I think I'm gonna take off. Ya know, clear my mind. I've been so lost, I just need to figure out who I am, I guess."

"Okay, how long will you be gone?" Voight questioned.

"A week. Maybe a few days. I don't know, I just need a break." Erin admitted.

"I'll see you in a week or so." Voight nodded and started looking at a file.

Erin walked out and ran to her car. She got in and sat there. She pounded on her steering wheel until she finally started the car and started to drive. To where? She had no idea, but like she said, she needed to get away.

After at least an hour of driving, she pulled over and put her car in park. She grabbed her phone from the seat beside her and called Jay.

"Hey, Jay. I miss you, please, talk to me." Erin said.

"I told you to leave me alone," Jay stated, "I'm trying to drive right now."

"Sorry, but I really need to talk to you." Erin responded.

"I can't right now." Jay replied. But the second he said it, a screeching and skidding sounded. Jay's car crashed into Erin's, hitting the driver's door of Erin's car. "Erin? Call 911, I've been in a car accident." Jay ordered.

"Me too." Erin struggled breathing.

Jay looked at the other car he'd just crashed into. He saw that the driver was Erin.

"Erin!" He screamed out. "Are you okay?"

She doesn't respond.

To be continued...