Uneasy

"Jay, I don't feel so good," Erin stated.

"What do you mean?"

"The pain meds..., alcohol...," Erin started before racing to the bathroom. 

Jay walked in and knelt over by her. She was leaning up against the wall, eyes shut.

"You okay?"

Erin nods.

Jay pulls her into a hug. "I wish I could take away all the bad stuff. Leave all the good stuff."

"I wish you could, too. But," Erin paused, sitting up and moving closer to the toilet.

"But I can't. I know. But I can be here for you." Jay grabbed and bundled her hair, holding it back. "But I can hold your hair back whenever you need me to."

++++++

"Feeling better?" Jay asked, sitting next to Erin. She's wrapped herself in the covers.

"Little bit. I still feel like I'm gonna throw up."

Jay sat there, just watching her.

"Thanks for being here for me."

"Always, Erin. I'm always here for you. When we got married, we said 'for better and for worse'. Well, we've had better. And this is the 'worse'. But I promise it's gonna get better."

"I know, Jay. Lay here with me. Hold me, please?" Erin asked.

Jay crawled underneath the covers next to her and wrapped his arms around her, wrapping her in a hug.

+++++

Erin woke up alone in the bed. She got up to look for Jay but heard giggles from Kota. She walked into his room and there Jay was, sitting on the floor playing with their son.

"Beautiful sight."

Jay turned his head, smiling. "He's the second-best thing that's ever happened to me. Do you wanna know the first?" Jay asked.

"What's the first?"

"You." Jay stood and gave her a light kiss.

Erin frowned.

"What's wrong, babe?"

Erin's eyes welled up with tears.

"Hey, it's okay. You can talk to me."

"I just thought about what would've happened if I'd died. And I know that's not what I want. I don't want to leave you guys, but I'm scared."

Jay grabbed her hands and squeezed them. "If you ever need me, or an anchor to hold onto, hold onto me. I'll always be right here next to you."

Erin looked a little uneasy.

"You look a little sick," Jay stated. "Go sit down. I'll be there in a minute."

Before he could even grab Kota, he heard Erin in the bathroom throwing up. He ran into the bathroom to help her through it, but she shooed him away, saying she didn't want him seeing her like this. He obeyed.

But once he heard her coughing then ran back into the bathroom. The second he got in there, he pulled out his phone and dialed his brother. He figured Erin wouldn't want to go back to the hospital, so he was going to have to bring it to her.

"Jay, what's up?" Will asked.

"There's something wrong with Erin."

"I'll be right there."