One day

Erin wasn't allowed to talk about him or see him anymore after that, but it comforted her knowing that he wasn't dead. It comforted her knowing that one day, one day soon, they'd be able to be together again.

She knew, once she found out, that his death had to be faked in order to keep Erin, Kota and Lyn protected. To keep them alive.

One day.

That phrase was a phrase that Erin heard too often and one that she hated hearing.

On the night of Erin's high school reunion, they had skipped out on it and went to eat. She ended the night saying One Day. As in, one day we will be together. But one day usually never comes for a while.

One day they'd get married, only to get divorced. One day they'd have kids, only to fight over. One day Erin would stop crying about Jay's death, only he wasn't dead.

But this 'one day' was one she liked. One day Jay could come out of hiding and they'd be a family again. One day...

Erin's phone rang. It was a call from Voight.

"Hello?" She greeted.

"It's time."

"Okay." She hung up the phone, grabbed the kids and headed to the district. It was time they brought in her kidnapper and it was time Jay finally came home.

At the district, they had a guy in cuffs coming in. He was being walked up the steps into the Intelligence unit by a few patrol cops when he broke free and grabbed Kota and held the 1 and a half year old hostage with a knife.

"Back away or the kid gets it!" He yelled.

Erin didn't waste a second. She grabbed her gun and pointed it. "Give him to me."

"Let me go and you can have him back," Erin's abductor ordered.

"Take me. I'm worth more than the kid. I have information you want. Give me the boy and you can have me," Erin pleaded.

"You come here first," The man spit.

"Okay, okay. I'm coming," Erin placed her gun on the ground.

As he pulled her into his arms, he released Kota and put the knife up to her neck.

"Get my kids out of here," Erin shouted. Ruzek took Kota and Lyn into the interrogation room to keep them from hearing or seeing what was about to go down.

As officers approached from behind him, he started cutting. It wasn't deep but it was deep enough to draw blood and to need stitches.

Erin grabbed the knife and flipped the man over her shoulder.

She went to stab him but the man twisted her arm and aimed it at her.

The cops around were all aiming their guns waiting for a clear shot when all of sudden, the man released his last breath and Erin stood up.

"Erin, are you okay?" Voight asked. Blood was all over the front of Erin's shirt.

"Yeah, it's not mine," Erin lied. "At least not all of it." She lifted her shirt to unveil a stab wound.

Please comment what shows and ships you want me to write a fanfic for. Except for Chicago PD of course. (Winky face).