Friday

Since this 'book' is almost at 30k reads and already at 1000 votes (which is also why this is getting posted today), I'm going to be choosing one person at random from my followers. This person does get something, although I can't reveal it just yet. I will let y'all know what it is when the time comes, but if you want to 'enter', comment below your favorite character in the OneChicago franchise.

Jay was super upset, he couldn't look at Erin. He'd left the hospital when she said she wasn't ready yet, he knew what she was going to do. That was a week ago. In that week, Jay had packed a bag and temporarily moved out of the house. At least he hoped it was temporary.

He'd hear those three words, I'm not ready, and he couldn't breathe. He'd thought he fell in love with someone who didn't believe in murder, but he'd thought wrong.

His phone rang, it was Erin. He didn't pick it up, he left it ringing. Seconds later, his phone beeped, it was a voicemail.

He decided that he should listen to it because at least he didn't actually have to talk to her.

"Hey, Jay. I don't know what to say to you, I don't even know how to say this. I made an appointment for Friday, I'm going to...," Erin paused, Jay could hear her silent sobs. "You know what I'm going to do, please come, I need you right now."

Jay dropped his phone. She was actually gonna do it, how could she.

He picked his phone up and opened iMessage. I can't be there, Erin. You know I don't believe in that. He typed. He read it over a few times before erasing it. 

Jay then typed and sent, You've changed. This isn't who you used to be. I can't support this decision and I can't support you, right now. I think that we need some space.

He set his phone down and covered his eyes, shaming himself.

E - If that's what you want. Just because you wouldn't make this decision, doesn't mean I won't. I went through 10 months of pregnancy, and then you left after you promised you wouldn't. 

J - That's in the past, Erin. Please don't do this. Just please have the baby.

E - I'm not doing that again. You're already leaving now, so why would I endure another 10 months? You've got until Friday, that's three days, to figure out if you want me without the baby, or neither because I'm doing this with or without you.

J - I don't support this.

E - Then why did you text me?

Jay didn't respond, he didn't know what to say. He sat there and read it over repeatedly. He turned off his phone and thought. He paced around Will's apartment, he was glad Will let him stay with him. Especially since him and Nat just got back together, moved in together, and are engaged. He was happy to have Kota and Owen becoming friends. Even though Kota couldn't process much yet, Owen still had fun.

Friday approached fast, and that morning, Erin went to her appointment. And of course, Jay didn't show. Erin sat in the room with a gown on, ready to start the process, but before the doctor came in, she put her clothes on and left. She couldn't do this. It wasn't right, and she finally realized it. She couldn't kill their baby. She could barely kill a person who wasn't innocent, but killing the most innocent thing on earth, impossible.

She drove back to their apartment, although he hadn't stayed there in a week.

She walked in and sat down, letting out a long breath. She started to doze off but the doorbell rang and she jerked up. Slowly she walked over to it. Hoping it would be Jay. It wasn't.

"I'm looking for Erin Lindsay." The man said.

"You found her," Erin said lightly.

"I'm here on behalf of Jay Halstead, these are for you." He handed her papers.

She snatched them out of his hands and ripped them open. The only word she could read before mentally shutting down was DIVORCE.

DIVORCE. Jay wanted a divorce.