Today

As Erin returned to work, things started looking up for her. All besides the fact that she had lost the trust between almost everyone there except for Hank.

It wasn't the fact that she left that made almost everyone, especially Jay mad. It was the fact that she didn't have the decency to tell him about the baby when she found out, or even when Lauren was born.

He told her he was fine with it, but deep down, he sorta resented her for it. And so did a lot of their friends. They thought it was some act of betrayal. Betrayal is a strong word for this situation but no other word fits it as great.

She left him, found out she was pregnant, had the baby, then weeks after she was born, came back and pretended like nothing ever happened.

He figured it was time he'd confronted her about it, that he'd talked to her and asked her exactly what invoked this irrational decision of hers.

"Erin," he started, "I don't wanna fight, I'm just asking for some information. It's hard letting you in, ever since you left so abruptly, it's been difficult to let you back into my heart. But I'm willing to try. Where were you? What did you do?"

She stumbled for answers, pacing the lot, "I was in California. I took a plane for half the journey, drove the rest of the ways. I got a job as a cashier at the local Walmart in a town called Furrsbury and I pretended I was a widow. I made friends, met new people, and truth is, Jay, I loved it there. It was an amazing place. I didn't want to leave, but as my due date arrived, I knew, I knew I had to. I had to give this baby a father and a real life, I couldn't do that to this kid. So I came back. I'm letting you in, Jay, so I hope you can let me in." She turned, ready to walk away.

"Erin, wait. This isn't about me loving you. I love you and I want to be with you. I'm just tired of all this drama. I'm tired of the fear, the shakiness. I want you and I don't want all the rest. We don't have all the time in the world. So we've got to live today like it is our last. And if today is my last day. I wanna live it with you," he smiled, holding her hand.

"As do I," she laughed, pulling him into her. "I love you."

There is huge foreshadowing in this! By the way, it may be obvious or very subtle. Next update will be soon. I won't let y'all wait long.