Two Steps

Will pushed Erin up against the wall.

"Will, stop. What are you doing?" Erin ducked out.

"I just thought that... we've been boning these past months. I thought... nevermind. I'll just go. I'm sorry Erin." Will stated. Leaving.

Erin wiped her lips. She felt very sinful for letting her husbands brother kiss her (on the lips). 

Erin went into her room and put some clothes on. She headed to work for the first time in a week. Actually longer than that. She didn't really go to work when she was pregnant, but now that she isn't, there's no reason she shouldn't.

"Erin, you're back!" Ruzek greeted.

"Hey, guys. Burgess, glad to have you up in intelligence now. We've been needing another female up here. It's hard to handle all these men." Erin laughed.

"Yeah, especially since we're all handsome." Ruzek joked.

Erin sat down at her desk and thought about Will.

Did I lead him on? Did I want that kiss? Should I tell Jay? What's wrong with me. I didn't lead him on, I didn't want that kiss, and I am definitely telling Jay. Although, was it my fault that he got mixed signals? Was I sending him the wrong idea? Erin thought.

"Erin? Hello? Earth to Erin?" Burgess waved her hand in front of a zoned out Erin.

"Hm... what?" Erin shot her head towards Burgess.

"You okay? You seem distant." Burgess stated.

"Just thinking about Jay. Wherever he is..."

~~~~~

"Get down Jacobs!" Jay shouted. Jay took cover behind some shrapnel.

"Jay, should we move in or wait them out."

"Let's move in." Jay crouched and started moving slowly, his gun pointed at the hostiles.

They snuck around any shrapnel they god enough to the point where they were in running distance of the building where civilians were being held.

"Y'all go get the civilians and get to the extraction point. I'm gonna cover you guys." Jay ordered.

He pointed his gun and started shooting at any sign of movement. Once everyone had made it to the building safely, he started running towards. A swarm of bullets were shot his way. He kept running. He could feel some hit him but couldn't stop to check, he had to keep going. When he caught up with the team, they waited at the extraction point. Finally they got back to their base camp.

Jay headed to the medical area, taking off his vest on his way over. "I got hit by a bullet. It's cool. Bandage me up. I'm all good."

"Halstead...?" The nurse started.

"Please, it's Jay."

"Jay, you can't. We can bandage you up, but we're gonna have to call it in. You're gonna have to go to an actual hospital."

"Call it in then. I don't want you to get in trouble." Jay sat down on the cot.

Jay heard some yelling outside so he stood up to go look. After two steps, he fell to the ground.