This Is What I Was Afraid Of

"Are you going to respond or are you gonna just sit there?" Erin questioned.

"I'm not ready." Jay murmured.

"What? That's all you have to say? I'm not ready! Really? You know how hard it was for me just to say that, to say I'm ready and this is how you respond?"

"I'm sorry, but I'm not ready yet."

"When will you be ready? When the earth explodes? Why aren't you ready? You should be, you should've been ready weeks ago. Damn it, what are we waiting for?" Erin sat down.

Everyone in the living room could hear them yelling. They all looked around at each other. 

"Erin, we're gonna go! Call you later." Burgess stated. Behind Burgess and Ruzek was everyone else that came.

"I don't know when I'll be ready. You don't know how hard it was for me to lose our daughter and then to leave you the day after. It broke my heart and I don't want to feel like that again. I'll tell you when I'm ready. I'll tell you when I'm ready, I promise." Jay stated, walking out of the room.

"Don't walk away from me, please! Why didn't you tell me how you felt? Why didn't you explain? Please, Jay. Don't shut me out."

"Erin, you don't understand. I can't tell you how I feel right now because you'll hate me if I do."

"What're you feeling, just tell me."

"I don't trust you anymore. My brother kissed you and I just can't get past that. And our baby died and I know I shouldn't, I know I'm wrong, but I think it's your fault." Jay turned and punched the wall.

"If that's how you feel, I'm sorry. You could've told me. I blame myself, too, ya know. And I wouldn't trust myself either, so I understand. I think we should take some time apart, get some space. We can discuss later? Okay?" Erin teared up as she grabbed a jacket and walked out of the apartment.

"Erin, come back! Please, this is what I was afraid of! Damn it!" Jay shouted, he turned and kept punching the wall. "This is what I was afraid of," he whispered, falling to his knees, his head in his hands.

"Hank...can I come stay with you a while. Jay and I are taking a break." Erin called Voight.

"Of course. There is always a room for you over here. I'll see you in a bit. I have to get home myself. I'm stopping by the store. I'll meet you back at home. I gotta go. Bye."

"Bye, Hank."