The Inevitable

Sorry the update is so late tonight, I tried to get it in earlier but I wasn't able. Next update in a week, the day after the season finale. Good news, season 6 of Chicago Fire and season 5 of Chicago PD have been confirmed!!! Thank the lord Jesus!!! I'm very excited, but anyway, catch the next update on thursday!

Jay brushed his fingers through Erin's hair. "Babe, you got to wake up."  

Erin groaned with anger, "Why? I'm so comfortable."

"You have to eat, you've been laying in bed all day, come out, Will wants to check you out. He's been here all day just for you."

"Fine," Erin sat up, "I'll be a minute."

"Okay, we'll be waiting, don't take too long."

When she saw Jay leave the room, she bent over and clutched her stomach, wincing in pain. She stayed silent, though, not wanting to alarm them. Once she alleviated the pain, she walked out into the kitchen.

"Will, you didn't have to stay," Erin said.

"I promised my brother I'd watch out for you, so I am."

"Jay, I'm not helpless," Erin eyed him playfully.

"How are you feeling?" Will asked.

"Great, actually. I feel a lot better, and I really don't think I'm sick or anything. My throat is a little sore, but that's it," Erin lied.

"Just what I thought," Will started, "a sore throat. I guess I can get going."

"You can stay for dinner if you'd like," Erin suggested.

"Nah, I can't, I promised Nat a night out."

"Oh, okay. Well, thanks, bro. See you later?" Jay asked.

"Yeah, bye Jay." He walked over to Erin, "If you need anything, don't hesitate to call," he hugged her.

She quietly groaned. She was obviously in pain.

"You good?" Will asked.

"Fine," Erin lied again.

"Okay, well I better get going, see you guys later." He left and Erin sat down on the couch.

"So how are you really feeling?"

"What do you mean, Jay? I feel fine."

"I know you like the back of my hand. I know that you hate hospitals, and I know that when you lie, you do this slight, hard-to-spot nose crinkle."

"What, I don't..." Erin started, "I don't know what you're talking about." Her nose crinkled a tiny bit.

"There it is."

"Okay, fine, just a tiny amount of stomach pain, that's it. I'm fine."

"No, you're not. You're going to a hospital."

"No, I'm not, Jay. Listen to me, I'm fine."

"Erin, I can't lose you. It's better to be safe than sorry."

"I don't want to go."

"Erin, we've had so much bad luck when it comes to health, it's like we're waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's inevitable that something bad will happen, and I want to be at a hospital when it does. So either I call an ambulance and they sedate you, or you go willingly."

"Fine, but after dinner." Erin stood up and walked over to the table. She grabbed her fork and dug in.

Jay sat there, watching her, but as she was eating, she started moving wobbly.

"Erin?"

She grabbed her head, "My head, it..., call an ambulance."

"What's wrong?" Jay asked rushing over to her.

She tried standing but stumbled into his arms.

"Erin, what's wrong?" He said as he laid her on the floor and searched for his phone.