♪ Chapter 2 ♪

A/N: Thanks to dragonlady520 for being the third person to vote. I appreciate it.

CHAPTER 2

ONE AND A HALF YEAR LATER

I had been living in a small studio for one year in the human city. Not many rogues come here, probably because of the huge population of ranked wolves. The academy for training ranked wolves was a town over so many of them came here during their free time.

I had seen many of them but so far, I had managed to keep a distance by working in the small music shop at the corner, hidden by a pawn shop. Not many wolves came this side. The owner of the music shop was kind enough to teach me how to play the piano when I applied for the job. Nobody had wanted to work in this area because most people didn't know this shop existed.

My salary was about 400$ a month, enough to pay my 200$ rent and for my groceries. If I had to save, tbe most  I could each month was about 30$ to 50$. I was low on cash but working here was safe and kept me happy.

During the year, my bond with him was finally broken. I felt relieved when I felt the pain of a rejection. It hurt but I felt free afterwards. Even my boss had found me more healthier and happier.

My lessons in playing the piano with dear Mr Woods continued until he deemed me good enough. I was pretty good since I practiced almost every day. My favourite to play was Ave Maria.

Sometimes, he accompanied my playing,the sound of the two pianos blending together to make the most beautiful sounds of heartbreak and love. Most of the time, I'd end up crying after I played. My Woods never asked why. He did tell me that I could talk to him if I wanted but I always declined. I didn't want to burden him with my problems.

I had moved on about six months ago and was taking my GCSE's. I needed to study anyway and instead of going to school, I opted for online classes.

I walked to the bookstore a few blocks away from the music shop. Mr Woods had asked me to go home and study since there usually aren't any customers. He told me he could handle it. I reluctantly agreed. I had to study for my math trial paper.

I opened the door and looked around for the reference books on GCSE's. When I found it, I quickly selected a book and paid for it. As I was leaving, I wondered if I should study at a cafe nearby or head home. The sound of thunder made my choice for me. I didn't want to get stuck in the rain.

I crossed the empty road and walked into the cafe. Going to the counter, I ordered a hot chocolate and a muffin for me. Once I paid, I realized that I had spent more on my book then I wanted to. Frowning, I took a seat at the other end by the window.

I spent hours there working on math problems while I waited for the rain to stop. It didn't. It was almost seven now and I knew I had to leave. Packin my bag, I started to get up when the door chimed and someone came in.

By the scent of the forest, I knew it was a male wolf. My heart was beating in overdrive, my breathing erratic. I hoped with all my might that he hadn't noticed I wad there until I heard his footsteps near me. I bit my lip until it started to bleed. He rounded the corner and saw me. He looked shocked.

"Rogue." He muttered. I gulped. I was shivering, not in cold but in fear. He noticed this. He blinked before yanking the chair opposite me and sitting down. "What are you doing here?" He asked silently.

I swallowed. "I- I live here.." I whispered back. Of he were to fight me, I'd die. I didn't have any training. I had left before I could get any.

His eyes narrowed on my form before his tense muscles relaxed. "You're new at this." He added. I nodded.

"About a year and a half." I whispered.

"How old are you?"

"Almost 19." I replied softly. He drank his coffee. I looked up and my breath caught. I hadn't seen many good looking men in a while. Although middle-aged, this guy was good looking. He had a strong jaw, blue eyes and blonde hair. I bit my lip.

"You're young. What did you do to get kicked out?"

"I didn't. I left." He almost spit out his coffee. He looked at me in disbelief.

"Why would you do that?" He asked in disbelief. I shrugged.

It was quiet for a while. I finished the left over hot chocolate. My stomach was grumbling. I was hungry and I needed to go home. I would make myself a packet of instant noodles for dinner. It would cut down cost. My stomach twisted at the thought of having the same food for the third consecutive day. I felt like crying at my life.

This was normal for me. My feelings were still there and sometimes, I would have episodes where I would cry because of my life. One had to admit that it was pathetic. It hurt.

"Would you like to attend the Academy?" He asked, looking right into my eyes. I looked down.

"Why?"

"I think you have potential. Were you ever trained?" I shool my head. "Okay. I'll give you two days to decide. Meet me back here then to tell me the verdict. Don't skip town, I would find you." I nodded silently.

He left immediately after. I was disheveld, not physically but my mind was. What had just happened?