♪ Chapter 22 ♪

A/N: I hope everyone had a happy Christmas! Now, Happy New Year's Everyone!!! May 2018 be the best year of your life! And, special thanks to EVERLARK_10 for always commenting and making me laugh. You're awesome!

BTW guys, since it's a new year = new life and whatever else, should I change this book's cover? soliterraneous has offered to do some covers. You guys can check her profile out for examples of some of her work 🤣

CHAPTER 22

Hunter parked the car. I could see many familiar and unfamiliar faces standing around the pack house. Hunter's father was standing at the front of the pack house along with Kyle and his dad.

We sat in the car for a few moments. "Say... Hunter, Maddy... I have a plan.." Rian said, smirking. I turned to look back at him.

"What is it?" Hunter questioned suspiciously.

"Well... No one in the pack knows you're together. The Alpha is sure to hold a party tonight so how about you announce it tonight. That way, we can leave the pack hanging over why you're back and why with the Alpha.."

Tanner scratched his chin and nodded. Hunter looked at me, waiting for my decision. I thought about it for a minute. It was a good idea and it seemed interesting. Plus, it was a good way to keep Kyle riled up. He was sure to drag me off right after we're dismissed.

"Sure!" My wolf grinned evilly. And that was the end to our little in- car meeting. We opened the doors together but Hunter got out first. We followed after him. The pack was whispering and I could see people pointing at me and talking. They must've either recognized me or wondering why a woman was with the Alpha.

I kept my expression blank. I turned to Tanner to see him nod at me discreetly when I checked to see if I showed any emotion. We walked behind Hunter for show. I walked further in front, almost beside him but not exactly. Between all the eyes on me, the one that I wanted to see me hadn't yet.

And finally, when we rose up the stairs, he saw me. I noticed his expression went from confusion to shock to relief and then to anger then confusion back again. I internally laughed.

The Alpha smiled at Hunter. "Haven't seen you in a while, kid."

"Hey, dad.." Hunter grinned. "This is Tanner, my Beta, Rian, my Gamma and ... Madeline whose actually from our pack.. Henry is also our instructor and is following us for some follow up lessons." he laughed a little awkwardly. I smiled and waved.

"Oh, Madeline! Nice to see you again but I think we should talk in my office, hmm?" He looked at all of us. We smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. I think the pack need time to digest too.." Hunter chuckled, looking around.

"Yes, you're right. Everyone, you're dismissed!" He paused. "We'll hold a party to commemorate my son's time back later in the back." He shouted loud and clear.

The pack dispersed but not us, Hunter's dad and Kyle and his dad. I could feel his eyes burning into my skin but I focused on Hunter. It made me sane and not wanting to pull my hair out.

"Now that everyone is gone, let's head in." The Alpha said, walking in. Kyle's dad nodded at everyone. "Jake, can you help make sure the preparation for tonight is done?" The Alpha asked. Jake, Kyle's dad, nodded and walked off.

Hunter followed his dad inside and so did Tanner and Rian who gave me a smile as encouragement. Kyle and I remained footed on the porch. The boys had each sent him a glared that made him confused and wince at the power, especially Tanner.