♪ Chapter 23 ♪

A/N: So this is chapter 23!! And sorry for the super long note in the previous chapter guys 🤣🤣But on that note, should I change the cover?

CHAPTER 23

The party was in full swing already and the five of us; Hunter, Rian, Tanner, Henry and I were standing in the living room talking. Hunter was very insistent on finding out what Kyle and I talked about. "Henry, what did they talk about?" He growled.

Henry rolled his eyes with a smirk. "They hugged and kissed and made up." He lied. This made Hunter growl louder. His arm around my waist tightened and for sure I knew there was going to be a bruise there tomorrow.

"You idiot. Obviously I wouldn't do that. Besides, am I that pathetic to kiss my ex back?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. He had a decency to even look like he was thinking! I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

Rian was laughing in the corner. He couldn't stop. Tanner was watching amused, as per usual. This time even Henry was watching in amusement. Hunter growled and started sniffing my neck. I yelped and tried to get away as it tickled. He growled deeper and pulled me closer. My hand automatically went to his chest and pushed as hard as I can. Which might have been too hard as in the next moment, he coughed and pulled away. "Oops.." I giggled.

I cleared my throat. "That's what you get for not believing in me." I rolled my eyes and walked away. Rian followed me, laughing the entire way to the backyard where dozens of wolves were partying, drinking and eating.

We grabbed our food from the self service buffet and took a seat at a table. We received a few looks and laughs but we ignored it and ate happily. I mean, who wouldn't be happy with BBQ?

I made sure to eat properly so that I don't spill anything in my maroon halter neck skater dress. I had picked out sandals to wear as it was more practical since we were going to be walking on grass. For my make up I had gone light with just lip gloss and mascara. I was kind of lazy to spend time putting on more. That and I had spent too much time in the bathtub.

Rian wore a blue shirt and black jeans while Tanner had put on a black shirt and black jeans- his favorite. Hunter was wearing a maroon shirt and black jeans. We hadn't meant to wear the same color but we ended up wearing it. Needless to say, we had a good laugh about it when we were in our room.

I saw Hunter's father walk out of the house and start mingling. Tanner and Hunter came out brooding and walked over to Ian but before they started talking, Hunter gave me a grin. I sent one his way before getting back to the delicious food.

Rian was observe people around us quietly. "Anyone interests you yet?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No one other than your ex." He spat. "Speaking of which, where is he?" He wondered, looking around. That made me pause. Last time if there was a party like this, Kyle was always the first to agree. He was such a party boy it wasn't even possible.

Now that I think of it, I wonder how both of us were even matched as mates. I mean, we were polar opposites. That made me cock my head. Hunter was kind of my polar opposite too... Except that he understood me and accepted me. The universe was a weird place.

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear.." Rian mumbled. I hummed. "To your 2 o clock." He replied. I looked in the direction and voila: Kyle was there with his favorite fling; Missy. Missy was like the average way of how a queen B looked like with her platinum blonde dyed ringlets and her dark tan. She had brown eyes but she used to wear blue contacts and looks like she still did. Her closet consisted of clothes that either strippers or pole dancers would wear on the job; short, glittery and covered barely anything. This time, she was in a glittery bra and a little pair of shorts. If it wasn't glittery, I would have certainly mistaken her for wearing a bikini.