♪ Chapter 26 ♪

A/N: Thanks to celichai for being the first person to read the previous chapter (like literally a minute after I updated)! And thanks to everyone who actually waited patiently for my update. I love you guys 😍

CHAPTER 26

I moaned, clutching my stomach while sitting on the ground, my legs spread in front of me. "That was..." I wanted.

"Interesting?" Rian asked, panting.

"That was one word for it." I chuckled then groaning when I felt my stomach aching. "I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to laugh for the next week." I informed him.

"Well, my face is going to be swollen for the next week as well." He groaned.

"Both of you haven't shed enough blood yet but since you're still learning, I'll forgive you." Henry told us.

Finn scratched his chin as if he was thinking. "There are a few things you can improve. Both of you."

"You caught that?" Henry asked, looking right at Finn.

"Yeah. You could be a little bit more flexible and fluid, Maddy. Rian, your speed is good but I think you could be more faster." He frowned.

"He's right. Maddy you could have easily avoided that kick to your stomach had you been more fluid. Rian, you are fast but you could be faster. Maddy has a smaller weight so she's more light on her toes and you need to be the same." Henry added.

"How do I get more fluid?" I asked.

"Well, there are two ways." Henry replied. "One is ballet." He added. I made a face.

Rian laughed loudly. "Her? Ballet?" He chuckled, shaking his head.

"The second?" I asked, glaring at Rian.

"Getting into more fights." He replied. I frowned.

Finn saw me looking confused and answered me. "The more fights you get into, the better muscle memory you'd have, then instead of remembering what form to use next and thinking on the spot, you won't have to spend time thinking of it and instead have more time to think about ways to shut the opponent down." He explained.

"I-" I was stopped when Rian started staring at me weirdly.

"What is it?" Henry asked.

"The results are out. Ian wants us to meet him in the office." He replies.

"That's fast isn't it?" I asked, looking around at them.

"I would say not really. You both spent about four hours sparring and warming up. Now, go and cool down or you'd be complaining tomorrow." He ordered.

We both got up, groaning occasionally and started a slow jog around the training area. While jogging, I caught sight of Kyle who was chatting with his friends. As if feeling my stare, he turned to face me. I nodded at him once then looked forward.

Once we completed our cooling down laps, we started stretching for a while. Once done, we got up and walked very slowly to the office.

When we walked in, Hunter's focus immediately turned onto me. His eyes glanced around, looking at my body for injuries. Just that second, I tripped on the carpet and fell flat on my hands and knees. "Oomph!" I grunted.

"MADDY!" He exclaimed. Not even a second later, he was crouching beside me, fussing like a mother hen. "Are you okay? No you're not. We need to get you to the pack doctor. Oh god, I don't think I should leave you out of my sight anymore." He mumbled, checking me up and down.