♪ Chapter 16 ♪

A/N: Thanks to @tyguy12 for being the first person to vote for the previous chapter 😊 I hope you guys enjoyed it especially the part where Maddy took a bit of charge. She's slowly coming out of her shell to be the Luna she can be 😏

Anyway, let's continue! BTW, so sorry you guys for disappearing for more than 2 months. I had trial exams. And my updates will continue being slow for a while cause my actual exams are in less than a month 😫

Btw, for those of you who haven't read THE BITE, THE RISE, THE BLOOD by ZeroWineThirty you should read it! It's really good! I seriously wanna read it again 🤔😜

CHAPTER 16

The moment Hunter parked the car, we got out. Alpha Meyer shifted back, put on some pants and gestured for us to follow him. A few pack members watched us with curiosity but none dared to come over and talk to us.

We walked up the stairs of the huge pack house to the second floor where we entered a room, probably the alpha's office.

Alpha Meyer walked over to the desk and sat on the chair behind it while Hunter sat at one of the two chairs in front of him. Tanner stood against the wall and gestured for me to sit beside Hunter. The men waited until I was sat down before talking.

"Hunter, I'm sorry for the situation just now. I had been busy and just checked my voicemail. I hadn't realised that you would already be here. Besides that, what my pack did was unforgivable." Alpha Meyer stated.

"It's alright Meyer. They were just protecting the territory. They thought we were rogues. You should be proud of them for trying to protect the territory." He replied.

"Still, to think they failed to realise an Alpha is a bit alarming. I could feel your power a mile away." He sighed. He looked up at Tanner. "Don't you want to sit, boy?"

Tanner shook his head. "No thanks. I'm alright over here." He nodded respectfully.

"They were probably too concentrated on the fact that there was intruders than to feel our power. Although, I did notice a few confused ones." I added.

"Who was their leader?" Hunter questioned.

Alpha Meyer sighed and rubbed his forehead. "He's a prick who thinks he can be an Alpha. He's been causing some inner turmoil amongst the pack, leading them to believe that I'm not doing my job right." He scowled.

"What rank is he?" Hunter asked.

"A beta. His grandfather used to be beta but his father was the head tracker."

"So what is he doing now?"

"He is... He's my gamma. Or rather my ex-gamma. I've just appointed a new one and suffice to say, he's not happy. That's probably why he did this today." He scoffed.

"Do you need any help?" I asked.

He chuckled. "Well, girl, I suppose your new at this?" I nodded. "Okay, well never ask an alpha if he needs help. Some alphas will get very angry at that, it's a sign of a challenge." He replied. "But for now, I don't need any. I was going to make an announcement anyway. Let's see if it will still continue after that." He chuckled darkly.

"So, you never mentioned why you were passing through?"

"We need to go to Alpha Wembley's pack. He's trying to keep my soon to be gamma there. My mate told me that he had once tried to use my gamma's family as leverage and so, we need to end this." Hunter replied, growling a little. I grabbed his hand and gently squeezed.