♪ Chapter 32 ♪

CHAPTER 32

Maddy's POV

"I'm saying, that its time to go back to them. But first, I need to know everything." I stated clearly. I was determined to leave this place. My mother looked at me, properly looked at me and found that I wasn't lying. 

"You....." She muttered, shocked. Swallowing, she nodded. "Okay, I'll tell you everything." she inhaled sharply. I smiled encouragingly at her. 

"I was an as-"

We both turned to look at the door when we heard murmurs coming from the outside. Seconds later, there were shouts and screams. I glanced over to see my mother frowning. She got up from the bed slowly and walked over to the door. The noises got louder and I started hearing thuds. I got up and walked over to her side. My eyes were narrowed on the door. Was there an attack? If so, this was an excellent chance to escape. I I took a deep breath in before barrelling into the door. My mother gasped when my shoulder hit the door with a crack. 

"You won't be able to do anything! It's rigged with metal alloys." she stated, looking over me to check for bruises. I winced at the ache in my shoulder. "The guards rarely leave too." She frowned. 

"Good, that's what we're aiming for." I tried to grin but it came out as a grimace. "How many guard this door?" I asked.

"Two or three, why?" she asked suspiciously. 

"I'm going to need you to scream for help in 5 seconds. I'm going to play dead and you need to knock out at least one of them, alright?" I said, seriously.

"But-" I cut her off.

"No. We are leaving this place." I said, determined. She nodded slowly.

"Alright. I'm going to lie down." I nodded. I got on the floor and positioned myself to look dead. I turned my arm so it looked like it was twisted in an odd direction. "One..., two...., three...-"

"I don't think this is a good idea." She said softly, scared.

"Listen....," I gestured to the door. We spent a moment listening to the chaos outside. "Something is happening out there. This is the perfect chance to escape."

She took in a deep breath with her eyes closed. After she exhaled, she opened her eyes. My eyes widened at the look she was giving. Cold and calculating yet expressionless. What....

"Four...., Five..." She counted. "HELP! There's an intruder! Guards!" She screamed, her expression suddenly turning fearful. My lips shaped an 'O'. I almost was lost in watching the shift in her emotions that quickly. The door opening got me into action and my eyes snapped shut with a very small portion of my eyes open. 

"What happened?! Where's the intruder?!" A man said. His build looked like a warrior. Another man followed behind him. 

"He's on the other side. We managed to knock him out but..." She was a good actor. The man who talked nodded to the other guy who walked towards the other side of the bed. My mother followed behind him. The one who talked bent down to look at me. 

"Fuck, he's not going to be happy." He mumbled. My hand twitched. From the corner of my eye I saw the man come right at the other side of the bed where there was no intruder. 

"Hey, wha-" he was cut off when my mother punched him on the face. Immediately, I did the same. I jumped up and smashed his head on the carpeted floor, knocking him out. Getting up, I looked over to see my mother done with her guy. I frowned. When did she learn to fight? I shook my head of those thoughts. We needed to escape first. 

"Let's go." I gestured to the door. She nodded. I walked out the door to hear some shouts, growls and snarls from around the corner. I narrowed my eyes. A second later, my mother walked out. I pulled the door shut and locked it.