♪ Chapter 25 ♪

A/N: First of all, I dunno if any of you noticed but on the 9th of February, this book bumped up ranks to #68 which I'm so happy!! Thanks to everyone who voted, commented and read it! And, thanks for sticking around with this book especially with my irregular updates.

Second, I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN MONTHS. I know you guys are probably mad but I have a legitimate reason- I went to work and my job was basically to do price tagging from 10-10 each day without any break in between. So my schedule was just eat sleep work repeat literally. Anyway that job is over but I'm going into another while I wait for the university to reply me so I'll probably be busy again BUT I'll try to update.

CHAPTER 25

"What the heck happened 13 years ago?" Finn barked.

"Do you honestly don't remember anything?" Ian asked, frowning.

I nodded. "All I remember was my parents fighting- which was how I figured out you might have been my dad and my parents driving in a car. The next thing, I was waking up in the pack hospital with the doctor telling me what happened." I answered softly.

"Alright. Let's sleep this off and head over to the pack doctors' tomorrow to get a paternity test. After, we'll discuss to find out what happened." Gavin said.

Henry followed after Ian who was muttering something to himself while Tanner and Rian walked away. Rian smiled at me apologetically before going out. Hunter, me and my father stood in the empty room awkwardly. Finn had yet to let me move away much.

"How are you taking this?" I whispered out.

"I should be asking you that too." He laughed softly before sighing. "I miss her. She should have stayed."

"Do you have an inkling as to why she left?" I questioned.

"I don't know... She was new in town and we had chemistry. I was sure we were going to be mates but she left before we could make sure." He frowned.

Hunter cleared his throat. "I think we should all cool off and have some time to digest everything that has happened so far. It's late and we need to get some rest especially for tomorrow's." He said.

Finn turned to him and glared sharply. "Boy, let me remind you who you're mated to." He paused. "I won't do anything now but when it's confirmed I'm Maddy's father, we'll be talking." He finished.

I bit my lip to hide a giggle that was trying to escape. Hunter pursed his lips and nodded defeatedly. "I'll see you tomorrow, Maddy. Have a good's night's rest." He kissed my forehead, gave one last look to Hunter and left.

Hunter gave a sigh when he left the room and crossed over to me, kissing me on my lips suddenly. Surprised, I didn't react for a few seconds but his urging made me kiss him back. His lips were soft and warm against mine. I had the sudden urge to just bite them. Blinking, I pulled away and touched my lips, pulling at it. Hunter raised an eyebrow at me.

"I just had the weirdest thoughts." I said.

"Care to share?" He asked, pulling me into a hug and leaning his chin on my head. I shook my head and leaned my head into his chest, listening to his steady but fast heartbeat.

"Are you sleepy?" He muttered.

"Mmm." I mumbled, burrowing more into his chest. "You're my personal cocoon."

"And you're my beautiful butterfly."

♪♪♪♪♪

I woke up the next morning on the bed with Hunter sitting up against the headboard. "Morning." He smiled at me.