End of reason

"Release her" He said to his friend, and Floki let her hand from his grip, still close to her.

Like a magnet she was drawn to the ocean in his eyes, as eyes was only trait on his face she could see, since he was wearing helmet and mask. He looked her back, examining feminine features and large gray eyes, hidden under the restless strains of hair. Mystery was radiating from her presence; he could feel it as well as the unstoppable time flow that were taking his brother from this world.

"Tell her to save my brother!" He yelled at Redhead prisoner, and he pointed with his head to his solders to release him. Shaky Red fell on his knees in front of the girl.

She knew their language, but how she learned it, was also mystery to her, one of many in line of her forgotten past. Yet she didn't want to expose all her cards to the enemy.

"Miss Aerlene, one of theirs is wounded and in order to save my life I beg you save him!" She soon understand their pacifism, they needed her, which didn't changed the fact that they are still evil pagans.

She didn't have to ask, who their leader was, as it was obvious enough. Yes he was younger than them, very young, somewhere around her age maybe, but his eyes were telling her so much about the struggles witch forged him into a leader.

"You don't have any choice and we don't have much time!" He said on her language, surprising her with a fluency of speech. He was angry.

She kept her calm, knowing that she is in the position of power now.

"It is true, maybe I can save him, but I will do so only if you promise that you will not hurt people from my village" She had a bravery which he never encountered for all his time in England. She was confident in her words; he felt a little dose of hope, grows a bit.

"Whatever girly, we won't touch your filthy peasants, I give you my word, but only if my brother survives, and if not, we will bathe in their blood, and feast on their screams, and you will watch them suffer one by one!" Fire was burning on his tongue, charisma was radiating, so the meaning of it didn't really reached her reason.

"Where is your brother?" She knew that there is not really possible way to know if she could trust him, but still, saving a life was something she needed to do, no matter which life was in stake. She wasn't one to judge.

"Not far, but we must go now!" He said and turned his chariot around; commanding his horse to run fast, his wheel splashed dirty water across Arlene's white dress, and little of leftover blood on her face. She looked at Floki who was laughing at her, and then he put her on his horse and they rushed to the camp.