The Boneless

Ubbe was his name and he came to wake her up. He was smiling greeting her like a close friend, asking her to come and join them for breakfast. He was unsure in his language skills but she understood everything.

Eager to meet them all and taste their food she followed the prince thru the camp. Watching people, absorbing every detail of this new world, she felt remembrance. They approached the table where some of them where already sitting and eating meat without manners. First she noticed the guy with the makeup, and he greeted her with a nod.

Without the need to even look at his way she felt that energy again, that vibration witch moved deep inside her core, his presence was overwhelming. But yet his words attracted her attention caught her gaze in trap on the flawless and masculine face from which perfection she just couldn't look away. "You just saved your village lass!"

"My name is Aerlene!" her pride responded.

"I believe you already stated that earlier, but I don't quite fancy your Christian name so I will call you as I like!" He said with his eyes on his food, not even interested in further conversation. She realized that he behaves immature, but still he awoken a spark of anger in her."

Ubbe was removing her chair, shoving her her place, which was across her new irritant and devilish handsome acquaintance.

"So, your God still have some tricks in his sleeve, sending you to us?" Floki demanded from Ivar to translate, which he refused. His mind was busy with matters of greater importance, than a friendly chat with Christians. Ubbe responded on awkward silence "Floki wants to know more about you?"

She inhaled deeply than she tried to ignore piercing ice which was melting her sanity away. He was also curious too to hear more about her, in order to decide about her future.

"There is not really much to tell, few years ago I had an accident, people from the village found me wounded in the woods, they healed me, and when I woke up I couldn't remember where I came from..." she paused clearly sad, and Ivar's eyes widen when he tried to imagine what would be like to forget who you are.

"Do some of them knew you before the accident?" He surprised her with his question; he held his curiosity strong on her teary eyes.

"No...They didn't know me..." He could feel her fear when she was recalling that part of her life; mystery attracted his mind in her way and food and drinks no more were main focus on that table.

"Since then, did you meet someone else who knew you before? Did someone was looking for you" Ubbe asked. She was already anxious, so she started behaving like she is clearly uncomfortable sharing her life story with people who were her enemies. Ivar noticed as her skin started to lose red shades, and her eyes started wandering away like she was about to run from the table any moment.

"Aerlene please come with me, let me show you your tent." He removed her focus from the past, and returned her back into the moment, she was ready to follow him anywhere, but not ready enough to see that lower part of his body was so damaged that he used his arms in order to lower himself from the chair on to the ground and that he started crawling towards the tents.

Shocked but impressed she followed him, now with more respect and understanding for his actions, for the strength in his eyes and authority he had over his people.