After the Kiss

After the feast Lagertha prepared a shared bedroom for them, and both entered in that room with different set of expectation about the evening flow.

Aerlene was sitting on his lap, unable to separate her arms from his shoulders, and spinning in her hear kept her face buried in his neck. 

He enjoyed her body so close warming him and reminding him of his humanity. "Thank you for what you did there in front of Lagherta!" he whispered, embracing her around the waist with one hand, playing with a strain of her hair with other.

"What I did?" Her face was still hidden from his wandering gaze.

"For telling her all those things and supporting my claim!"

"I told her the truth" she rose the tone of her voice fueled with enhanced effect of mead in her veins.

"The truth?"

"Yes Ivar... why is it so hard for you to believe in my feelings"

"Your feelings Aerlene! Are you aware who are you talking to, hm?" He griped both of her wrists strong, making her captivated under his serious expression.

"How could I not be, you destroyed my reason Ivar. I was desperate before you found me, but now I feel even worse with you ignoring me and my attempts to show you that I truly do care for you!" Her voice was loud, demanding to be listened, and he was giving his best to ignore her, to look the other way or just run away from the secret that was tearing his chest apart with every new heartbeat.

She could feel his body under her weight getting colder, and the only sound that was dominating between their silences was his wild and abnormal heart beat, so she followed her instinct and caressed his cheek gently making him look at her again, and inside vastness of blue she saw fear for the first time. She realized that something was torturing him, and that wasn't lack of feelings for her, it was something deeper, personal and serious as it managed to cause the fear in the eyes of the most fearless man she knew. "You should know that I will always be on your side no matter what!" she stated what she meant not moving away her compassionate gaze from his sadness.

"Why? You realized so far that I'm not like other men?" He was giving his best to play cool, and hide the storm from within.

"Yes, and that is why you will always be the only man for me!" And she was approaching him even closer, determined to show him truthfulness of her words.

"Aerlene, I can't love you... although I would give everything if I could!" He was tired of her overwhelming attention and determination to melt his shield, so he pushed her from his lap, making himself more space to breathe in heavy air.

She was hurt, but something in her ignited by strong feelings and alcohol was stubborn enough to continue. "You don't need to love me Ivar, just let me love you!" she returned back to his lap with her legs spread over his, and kissed him confirming her words with passionate act.

He was resisting the power of her touch like a warrior keeping his shield of melting ice long up, but his self control wasn't a mach for her passion this time, so he griped her around waist like he will break her tightening his grip, amused how he could wrap it around completely with his hands.

She loved a roughness of his palms on her skin, and she needed to feel it everywhere so she separated their lips to catch a breath and take her dress of, he stopped her hand from moving, returning it on his shoulder, and he grinned while he ripped a fabric from her chests apart. He pushed her on the bed, taking his tunic off with one quick move, revealing to her his toned strong body covered with black ink.

She was longing for his closeness even more and touch of his skin on hers so she pulled him to come over her, and he buried his head in her neck kissing every inch of her delicate skin.

As her hand traveled across his abs lower to the edge of his pants he stopped her, separating his lips from her skin. She was looking at him with eyes wide spread, and she could see insecurity coloring his expression. She parted her lips to speak, but he was faster keeping them closed them with his finger.

"Listen Aerlene..." he was preparing to roll a mountain of his chest, but her organs burned more than she was used to, with strong exotic drink witch urged her to get up and spit bitter liquid on the floor, leaving him, confused, afraid and in some way relieved.

"I think I'm dying!" she was panting with head between her knees, and he knew that she was fooled with sweetness of the strong drink. Smiling discretely at her childish mead overdose, he gathered her hair, and held her forehead while she spited few times more, till her stomach was freed from torturous substance.

He washed her face afterwards, and he put her to sleep, covering her tightly with softest fur hugging her to sleep, thinking how he managed to get away this time, but wondering what tomorrow will bring in terms of his secret and her past.