New territories

Song: Beth Crowley-Warrior

**

He moved away from her kiss, telling her that he needed to go, that his men are waiting for him and his decision about their next move.

She was on the edge to get mad for making a fool out of herself, when he obviously didn't looked at her the same way... But then he said that Ubbe is captured, so that moved the center of her attention from her to emphasize with him, knowing how deeply he cared for his brothers.

Later that night sleep wasn't an option for two lost souls under the same roof.

It was easier before... living without distractions, reminders that he still needed love. His loneliness was a shield that kept him above all around him, but then he didn't know his demise... When she touched his lips he was sure that danger found him, and running away wasn't an option. Why she would do such a thing... how could he know what to do next?

**

She heard light footsteps approaching, while she was lying in her bed with eyes closed, and regardless that somebody was approaching, she intended to keep them that way, unready to face a new day.

"Ms Aerlene?" She recognized that soft and kind voice, a voice which belonged to a girl that she owned apology. "Good morning Erie..." she whispered, with sad gaze fixated on confused girl. "I'm sorry for being so rude the other day... thank you for taking care of me... "

"I understand, you were hurt, confused, don't worry." The voice of a girl was soothing and kind, as well her honest smile, that helped Aerlene find more joy in day ahead of her. "I came to wake you, Ivar wants you to come to the woods!" She caused an end of calmness with her statement. "He sent me to take you to him!"

"Why he wants me there, do you know?" She had to ask, anxious from the mention of the woods, panicking from the mention of name. "I believe he called you for the practice?"

"Practice? Can I refuse?" Knot which was tightening her stomach was choking her, with raising anxiety and dictating the question on which she already knew the answer. Erie trembled from the thought bringing back negative response to Ivar, which was obvious on her honest and innocent face.

"I don't think that would be good... now when his brother is captured..." The girl was stuttering.

"You are afraid of him Erie?" She asked and got only a shy nod as an answer.

"Let me just get dressed and we will go to the woods!"

**

When they arrived on the training location, Aerlene was boiling inside, seeing all those men surrounding her and Erie, with their weapons ready to attack, and no trace of Ivar on the sight.

"What is this Erie?" She frowned, standing in guard, letting her body adjust the position perfectly. The confused girl just shrugged her shoulders as equally confused, taking a knife from her belt, ready to accept the situation.

"You can fight them, but don't kill them all!" She heard that cocky voice somewhere from behind, making her heart beat at full speed, she hated his little surprise, and she wanted to show him that anger radiating from her eyes, but as soon as she tried to turn her head around one of Vikings attacked her with his axe.

"Erie you can, step aside. This is not your fight" Aerlene heard him again, while she was giving her best to control and block strikes flying her way.

"I won't leave her to fight alone!" Erie was determined and brave, standing up to Ivar like that, but one of the men punched her straight in the stomach, and she fell on the ground still conscious and determined to continue the fight. Aerlene almost felt the pain of a young girl, and she got extremely mad now.