The Kiss

Dearest readers of this story, I must say thank so much for reading. It is a great honor indeed, and I would love to hear your opinion, because I have great wish to write something worthy of your time, and I just don't have idea am I going in right direction? Please feel free to write me your thoughts and propositions. I would love to hear from you. My personal opinion is that idea is good but writing not so much. Honest feedback would be highly appreciated. I wish you all amazing day! 

Thor wasn't spearing his hammer crashing everything; past was haunting many souls inside the cold walls of Wessex castle and on top of all somebody was hitting the door with such intensity that thunder sounded like a quiet and pleasant song in comparison.

"Floki wake up!" And how could he not, he was yearning to escape from his dreamland. He grabbed his axe and jumped, dressed only in underwear.

"Saxons attacked us?" A spark of excitement danced in his voice.

"You think I would allow that you old fool!" Ivar answered with higher pitch. "Aerelene is sick, she is burning I need you to take her to the pool!"

"So you will drown her?" Floki said.

"You know nothing! Hurry I'll explain you on the way, but for Odin sake, put some fabric on your bones!"

She was dressed in blue night gown, still curled and unconscious in Floki's arms, Ivar was touching the water, which temperature sent chills down to his spine.

"Good it is cold! Put her inside!"

"Dressed, it will be no use?" He smiled in Ivar's direction.

"You can undress her you old perv, why should I care, just put her in that water!" But by the way he looked away, and the way he blushed on the thought of her naked body, gave his friend a hint of hope that his favorite son of Ragnar, is not so indifferent to beauty of women's body after all.

Knowing that thin silk won't change a thing in temperature, and as a sign of respect he lowered her into the pool with her gown on.

She felt sudden change in temperature shivers through her whole body, consciousness coming back, touch of strong masculine hand holding her tight, preventing her from drowning. Light from the windows in short intervals was contributing to awakening. Up she saw the eyes of steel, eyes vibrant and so alive holding her in this world calling her to come back.

But with every movement of disobedient and heavy eyelids she would travel far away from his world.

"I'm sorry father, I will make things right. I will save our world!" that was the sentence that her subconscious mind let out, but wrapped in the language unknown to her companions.

Flooki and Ivar shared confused look, with their eyebrows up communicating amusement with this strange and yet familiar language.

Floki was pointing with his head that it is time to take her out from water, Ivar nodded, alone unsure is the method worked.

They took her to her room, still dressed in cold wet dress, which was holding on tight, on her skin revealing divine sculptured curves. Floki put her on the bed, and then he looked in his friend concerned.

"Now I'm afraid we must take her clothes off!"

"We do what we must!" He pulled himself up in the bed next to her, watching her, again slowly dropping his lips on her forehead, to feel is the fever dropped.

"She is better thanks to Gods!" He sighted in relief. "Now help me undress her!" he asked with little tremble dancing in his voice.

Ivar was looking away as much he could, but Floki let lose one of his famous sounds of amazement.

"Look my boy!"

"When you will grow up Floki, I don't find amusement in such things!"

"Its Mjolnir you fool, look!" Ivar's eyes pierced her skin in a flash, unsure of trust ability of his sight. Under Floki's finger, low on her back, he saw the black ink perfectly shaped in Thor's hammer, same as he had worn around his neck all his life.

His head made a spin inside, reason still far away from consciousness. Floki touched Ivar's neck taking his chain with Mjolnir on it, looking it comparing it to her tattoo.

"She doesn't know who she is!" Floki stated still with Mjolnir in his hand and his stare locked on Ivar's confused look. "She must be one of us!"

Ivar was listening Floki's voice, but he just followed his inner impulse and he started trailing black ink on her skin with his finger, checking the reality of it.

"Perhaps, she could be anyone!" He answered, feeling the anger caused by mystery rising inside his body. "She will be better we should leave her now! I'm tired and tomorrow we go raiding!" Floki stud up from her bed, with spark of sadness that the mystery won't be, at least discussed.

Ivar was covering her still wet skin with thick fur. With his need to check her temperature again he started approaching her breathing space slowly. She opened her eyes wide, grabbed his hand and he was amazed with the strength of her delicate and little hands, surprised by her awakening and her piercing gray eyes telling him more in a second than any voice he had ever heard.

"Stay!" She said what she he wanted to tell him long time ago. "Please don't leave me now! I need to feel the heat of human body, I'm so cold!" Floki just smiled and left them alone in the dark, her needing and him fearing.

"This is the finest bear fur it will keep you warm!" He said giving his best to sound cold. But she used her returned strength to throw her arms around his neck, holding on him strong, without intent to ever let him go.

His fear was urging him to push her away, to pin her to the bed, and never let her touch him again. But warmth of her skin was melting rage; he felt need for comforting embrace rising in him.

He returned the hug, gently like he is touching delicate glass, then he let her fall slowly under the weight of his body, returning her back to the pillows.