Beautiful monster

They were still captivated, again separated with the wall, tired, irritated and impatient, fate of their armies was unknown, outcome of their battle also a mystery, and here they were stuck with an enemy waiting for conversation with their captors.

Platinum blonde lady said that her name is Lyn, and that she came from place far beyond their reach, place that was impossible to imagine. She wasn't alone but yet she was the only one that came to visit them. Proposition for them was yet to be presented on the feast they were preparing for Ivar and his enemy.

"We must escape this maddens!"

"You know I believe that we are probably dead, or hallucinating!" Priest said with his head buried between his knees. "Maybe we are drugged, or I'm gone completely insane this time..."

"Everything is possible, but I know one thing, I don't like her, and we must escape, tonight!"

"Why would you want to run? She have proposition for you, opportunity for Great Ivar the Boneless to become even greater! Isn't that what you crave for? Ivar rolled his eyes and approached the glass wall.

"I don't take orders, requests or similar, I'm a decision maker, and she can get back from wherever she came from!" he paused then... "But I will need your help..." Priest lifted his head now, to face him, Ivar raised his brow. "So that, when we escape this place, we can continue what we started!"

***

She was glued to the mirror, giving her best to polish her appearance to the max. Her handsome guests were finest dainty from the new world. With desire to seduce them, to taste them, she chose flattering and revealing outfit, tightening her hair in high pony tail, tracing the edges of her lips with nude pencil.

They were escorted in dining area, astonished by the view while guards, of this place were following them through the neon glowing hall. On the way they were exchanging confusion by the way they were looking at each other, both scanning a possible exit.

She was waiting for them, greeting them with wide and more than friendly smile.

"You must know that I didn't wanted to take away your freedom" She was trying to soften expressions of anger and hate on their faces, but with lack of success in that regard, only increasing their animosity.

"Then why are you still keeping us locked inside your silly room?" Priest asked.

"That was my idea!" Tall and slender, weirdly dressed man joined them at the table, taking his place across Ivar. "We needed your attention, and it just happened that you and your enemy landed on the shore, near our ship. We couldn't just ask you for help, while you were unconscious, and we needed to make sure that you won't try to hurt us... knowing for yours wide spread reputation!"

"I might hurt you just now!" He replied whirling the sharp knife from his plate around his fingers, treating his new acquaintance with cold and focused gaze.

"But you won't, because you will be interested in our proposition" Lyn said, standing up from her chair, approaching him, touching his hand gently stopping the knife from spinning. His focus was on her face now. "Not long ago, great evil escaped from our world, into your world! We must find her and return her to our world, before she brings the destruction here"

"Her? As a one person, like a girl, and you ask for my help!"

"You don't know the scale of her power! She is unstoppable!" he started laughing loud. Looking the priest, but Priest wasn't laughing, he had a moment of remembrance, on the event that forever changed his view on reality.

"That girl, is she at least pretty like you?" He cupped her chin with his hand, pulling her closer to his devilish smirk. Her heart skipped a beat, but she managed to compose herself.

"She is a woman of great beauty indeed!" The man replied with dancing concern in his light blue eyes, watching Ivar's hand travels across the neck of his twin sister. "But her beauty is just a mask, her soul is dark and rotten, and it absorbs beauty, destroying everything she touches!"

"Then she must be female version of me!" Ivar smiled, Bishop spited his drink and smiled to, imagining the female version of his gorgeous enemy, his imagination making him blush a little.

"That is why we choose you, as her opponent! We believe you are the only one who can catch her!" She was looking at him, with hope and expectation, he bursted into laughter.

"We are defiantly drugged here my Bishop! Do you hear this nonsense?" She was visibly confused by his behavior, his laughter became almost hysterical. He took a large sip of unusually sweet and bitter drink, determined to numb his reason.

"I don't know what kind of world are you living in, but you are batshit crazy doll face! Did you see me coming here, dragging my useless legs all over your floor? I'm not fit enough to chase your beautiful monster... but my new friend over here..." He gestured with his hand in priest's way. "He can chase her, as long as you like! Now I would love to leave your hospitality you already took a lot of my time!"

"I know for your unfortunate condition Ivar! But that didn't stopped you to achieve whatever you wanted so far, so we want you! You are the choice of our superiors!"

"Well then, they must be crazy too! I don't cooperate with crazy people; I'm enough of crazy myself!"

"Then we must destroy your army, because you won't cooperate, and let's start with your brother Ubbe, and your friend Floki, they are looking for you now! Our men have them on their gunpoint." That was the drop that spilled the glass; he took her by the waist, pulling her in his lap with the blade of the knife on her skin. He hated her sweet artificial smell on such a short distance.

"How about I destroy her instead?" Fear intensified in her brother, was getting to his nerves, as well as their behavior, they had all this technology and power, but they were timid, weak... But the Blondie gathered his courage after all to let his voice out. "Then I will lose a sister, and you will lose brother and a friend... even if you kill her, you won't be able to save them!"

He looked at Bishop, non verbally asking for advice.

"We will help you catch your prisoner, together but as soon as we give her to you, you will leave our world for good!" Bishop said, and Ivar was following his words with nod, slowly releasing his grip letting her skin breathe.